tacho question

Good evening truckers, Right i have a question to you all about the tachos. I always thought that the tacho card held 28 days of duites but lately iv seen on other forums on facebook that it holds months which i found out today as mine went all the was back to 08.03.2016 so does that mean that if you/i get pulled by VOSA can they do you for things done back then

AFAIK unless you’re a dirty rotten scoundrel, they’ll only ever look at the last 12 weeks, some folk say 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say they’ll look at all the data, and decide upon action as per the nature of offence. An hour owing on a weekend break in April, or a 4:32 in June will probably get overlooked, but if you worked 18 days straight in February, it might just bite you in the arse. Just my guess though

devonlad2009:
Good evening truckers, Right i have a question to you all about the tachos. I always thought that the tacho card held 28 days of duites but lately iv seen on other forums on facebook that it holds months which i found out today as mine went all the was back to 08.03.2016 so does that mean that if you/i get pulled by VOSA can they do you for things done back then

They may see it but unless you’ve been particularly complacent about the regulations they won’t be interested in anything beyond the last 28 days.

When I had my so far one and only stop, they wanted a 24 hour printout and that was it. Expected it to be 28 days, but guess those “driving without card” for less than 1KM (moving in yard) and slightly over 4 1/2 hours on there didn’t worry them…or they figured I was new at this game. Can’t guarantee they’ll not look right back, but suspect that’d come if they suspected very serious infringements or defects, or maybe only if you have a ZZ Top type beard? Not sure if anyone truly understands VOSA.

They will only go back 28 days at the roadside.
If something more serious happens they can go back further but this is more likely to be done using the operator records or vehicle download data.

At the roadside it depends on time and how they are running the check.

Initially they check today/24 hour period. No problems then usually that’s it. If there are problems or they have time it’ll be a 28 day check.

If they find persistent/repeat issues they may look further, but doubt it at the roadside. That would more likely be done during a company visit and document check prompted by the records at the roadside.

Of course your employer has downloads of your card anyway.

Basically I say - don’t worry about anything older than 28 days at the roadside

Thanks for the info guys. I’m still newish to the game with 18 months

I won’t scare you with how many years of info a 500Mb tacho head can store!

khdgsa:
I won’t scare you with how many years of info a 500Mb tacho head can store!

Please do.