Tacho Question

HI all

Newbie question and clarification… when the clocks go forward by later this month do all entries have to be in UTC…or have they changed this at all

So If I was to start work 8am BST, you actually would enter into the tacho start time is 7am UTC… then at the end of the day you finish at 6pm but the input would be 5pm end of shift…

The tacho always records in UTC regardless of it being BST. The 1.4 tachos will let you do manual entries using BST. The older versions are all UTC so you have to manually adjust the extra hour.

SammyT:
HI all

Newbie question and clarification… when the clocks go forward by later this month do all entries have to be in UTC…or have they changed this at all

So If I was to start work 8am BST, you actually would enter into the tacho start time is 7am UTC… then at the end of the day you finish at 6pm but the input would be 5pm end of shift…

That’s correct yes, it will seem odd to start with but youll get the hang of it really quickly.

NickW88:

SammyT:
HI all

That’s correct yes, it will seem odd to start with but youll get the hang of it really quickly.

When? :open_mouth:
Now, or an hour ago? :smiley:

God knows, don’t ask me, I’m Tacho exempt :smiley:

NickW88:
God knows, don’t ask me, I’m Tacho exempt :smiley:

Me too for the last 2 months, I have to remember to put it in next Tuesday! :smiley:

Don’t forget that regulations regarding rest hours etc. work on UTC regardless of any hours “lost” or “gained” through daylight saving.