Tacho Question

Just about to park up this morning, tacho starts flashing sensor fault. What is the correct procedure for this can I drive tonight and get it looked at tomorrow when I get home or do I have to call someone out to look at it today. Looked at the tacho book it just say’s acknowledge message like an overspeed. Thanks.

Press ok. Defect it. Let the office make the decision.
It could just be a glitch. See if everything has been recorded correctly. If everything is OK just carry on but remember you defected it. If print out is not correct and error re appears still put card in but do print outs and do manual record on the back.
Odds on you went over a bump and it’s got the hump.

johnny142:
Just about to park up this morning, tacho starts flashing sensor fault. What is the correct procedure for this can I drive tonight and get it looked at tomorrow when I get home or do I have to call someone out to look at it today. Looked at the tacho book it just say’s acknowledge message like an overspeed. Thanks.

If the tachograph is working OK but the error message keeps flashing, inform your company and carry on.

It happens now and again, is it in s DAF? Probably suffered a short power interruption fault or something and it will be fine. It will record on your data so would show on a printout but unless you’ve been ‘tampering’ there’s nothing really to worry about. Make a note of it in your defect book and you are covered. I used to get that about once a month or so when I was driving a DAF.

Thanks for the reply’s. Did a printout bit of an explanation signed it. The lorry is a 59 plate Volvo. Have not been tampering.

C.Y.A - Cover Your Arse, ring the office and let them deal with it!! Always put the ball in their court!!!

johnny142:
Thanks for the reply’s. Did a printout bit of an explanation signed it. The lorry is a 59 plate Volvo. Have not been tampering.

Did it do a complete print out? If so I wouldn’t worry. Like I said it’s probably female and was on one

nick2008:

johnny142:

Did it do a complete print out? If so I wouldn’t worry. Like I said it’s probably female and was on one

Yes it did a full printout, just driven all evening no problems. Volvo wiring is a bit ropey.

If the print outs are ok I wouldn’t worry about doing anymore just defect and continue till they take it off you…

Adjust your magnet.