Tacho question regards hours

Am looking at a new job 4 days on 4 off.
Am I right the 15 hour rule goes midnight Sunday to. Midnight Sunday. Doesn’t reset after my days off.
Also can’t rember off top my head as hardly did any but how many 15 hours a week is it. I thought it was 3 over. 2 week period. But sure heard others say 3 a week?.

Also have heard place applying to stop you any breaks fair enough.
But shifts are 6 to 6 apparently. With some allowances for planes running late

Be driving class 2 catering truck for airlines basically do a plane wait about for next plane do that wait again etc.
Go back yard reload back out again.
So it’s 12 hours get stopped breaks.
technically not on a break waiting juat sat In wagon feet up waiting for next plane to arrive…so what’s best way get around showing least breaks.as possible.
15 mins before 6 hrs then another 15 6 hours later.but have time that right otherwise need another 15 mins.
Or just easier to use poa does that count as taking a break but showing on there system as not if that makes sense.so not getting stopped as much

15 hour or reduced daily rest rule is max 3 times between any 2 weekly rest periods - a weekly rest period being at least 24 hours off

Most places take 45 mins off for breaks with the rest being paid but check your written contract

POA usually messes up the driving time as it regards it as break - stupid but thats how it is with the tacho software

Sitting around doing nothing is a break or you can opt to use POA - see above statement

As Rog points out it’s between weekly rests. Never heard it referred to as the 15 hour rule tho, it’s about reduced rests, and yes 3 a week. For some inexplicable reson it’s the two ten hour drives that are in fixed week. Meaning if your working week crosses midnight Sunday you can potentially do 4 10s on the trot

switchlogic:
As Rog points out it’s between weekly rests. Never heard it referred to as the 15 hour rule tho, it’s about reduced rests, and yes 3 a week. For some inexplicable reson it’s the two ten hour drives that are in fixed week. Meaning if your working week crosses midnight Sunday you can potentially do 4 10s on the trot

3 a week refers to the fixed week and I know you did not mean that because you said between weekly rests in the line above :smiley:

ROG:

switchlogic:

3 a week refers to the fixed week and I know you did not mean that because you said between weekly rests in the line above :smiley:

Errrr, no it doesn’t……

Another one who needs to repeat the DCPC EU Drivers Hours module.

switchlogic:

ROG:

switchlogic:

Errrr, no it doesn’t……

What does the word WEEK mean in regards to drivers hours if you say it does not refer to the fixed week :question:

ROG:

switchlogic:

ROG:

switchlogic:

Errrr, no it doesn’t……

What does the word WEEK mean in regards to drivers hours if you say it does not refer to the fixed week :question:

It refers to either the fixed week or the working week, and in my useage of it there no one could possibly have imagined I meant fixed week

Ooh, this ^^^^ is gonna run and run! I was trying to find some popcorn but struggled and had to settle for cop ■■■■ instead. Sorry Luke, it’s the wrong flavour but I’m in a hurry today :smiley:

eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content … 1-20200820
(i) ‘a week’ means the period of time between 00.00 on Monday and 24.00 on Sunday;

You’re just nit picking, you knew what I meant, everyone else knew what I meant, you’ve just over complicated a simple answer for no reason other than point scoring. Here in the real world there’s two weeks, the working week and the fixed week. So what do you call a working week? A collection of work days?

switchlogic:
You’re just nit picking, you knew what I meant, everyone else knew what I meant, you’ve just over complicated a simple answer for no reason other than point scoring. Here in the real world there’s two weeks, the working week and the fixed week. So what do you call a working week? A collection of work days?

If you had put working week then I would not have questioned it as that is a non legal comment

Safe to say that’s the first and last time I post a comment backing you up. God only knows how you are with people who actually disagree, I suppose we will find out at some point :smiley: First class pedantry I’ll give you that :smiley: Have a good weekend

switchlogic:
Safe to say that’s the first and last time I post a comment backing you up. God only knows how you are with people who actually disagree, I suppose we will find out at some point :smiley: First class pedantry I’ll give you that :smiley: Have a good weekend

Flouncey,flouncey,flouncey, FFS grow up luke :unamused: … have a crap weekend… :smiley:

It’s possible to have 4 reduced daily rests in a fixed week if you can fit in a 24-hour reduced weekly rest before reaching the fourth one. At least according to my interpretation.

Shug:
It’s possible to have 4 reduced daily rests in a fixed week if you can fit in a 24-hour reduced weekly rest before reaching the fourth one. At least according to my interpretation.

Its possible to have 6 reduced daily rests in a fixed week

mon + tue + wed = reduced daily rests
thu rest
fri + sat + sun = reduced daily rests

m.a.n rules:

switchlogic:

Flouncey,flouncey,flouncey, FFS grow up luke :unamused: … have a crap weekend… :smiley:

17 minutes :smiley: Starting to feel like I should be paying you rent :smiley: Keep it up chap, its good for the old ego :wink:

ROG:

Shug:

Its possible to have 6 reduced daily rests in a fixed week

mon + tue + wed = reduced daily rests
thu rest
fri + sat + sun = reduced daily rests

You’re right of course. I knew you could do 5 (I said 4 in my previous post but actually meant to say 5) but I didn’t think 6 was possible because you couldn’t complete the 6th daily rest by midnight Sunday. I’d forgotten that you only need to have started it.