Tacho question, help please

I drive my truck for 4.5 hours and reach my destination. Now I go on a 45 minute break in the canteen. However the truck needs to be moved to another bay for reloading? I can’t move it so another driver needs to insert his card to move the truck. My card is in slot 1. What is the correct procedure for him to legally move the truck without infringing my card or his?

You can remove your card and do a manual entry when you put it back in.

karl67:
You can remove your card and do a manual entry when you put it back in.

Correct, :sunglasses: but OP, :laughing: next time have your 45 min break say an hour down the road! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: don’t do it again! :smiley:

As has been said, remove your card, and when you reinsert the card after your break put into the tachograph a manual entry to cover the time the card was withdrawn.

If you ever get stopped by VOSA you could be asked about the card withdrawal, so it may be worth keeping a note of the date and the fact that you had to withdraw the card so the vehicle could be moved while you was on break.

Hopefully the shunted would stick their card in so Mr VOSA would know someone else has driven.

mucker85:
Hopefully the shunted would stick their card in so Mr VOSA would know someone else has driven.

Many yard shunters do not have cards as they are internally trained car drivers doing the job

Thanks for the replies. I failed to do the manual entry tut :unamused: and this resulted in me only having a 44 minute break even though in reality I had actually taken an hour. Then I also failed to do a print out and explain my disgusting behaviour! :open_mouth: :cry:

What prison term and accompanying fine will I get and is there a chance of parole? Would I go to the same luxury prison that Mr Hulme did for his perversion of justice? :blush: :open_mouth: :blush:

alder:
Thanks for the replies. I failed to do the manual entry tut :unamused: and this resulted in me only having a 44 minute break even though in reality I had actually taken an hour. Then I also failed to do a print out and explain my disgusting behaviour! :open_mouth: :cry:

What prison term and accompanying fine will I get and is there a chance of parole? Would I go to the same luxury prison and Mt Hulme did for his perversion of justice? :blush: :open_mouth: :blush:

never take you’re card out for anyone! :sunglasses: have you’re break an hour down the road! :laughing: the clue is in YOU’RE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

tachograph:
As has been said, remove your card, and when you reinsert the card after your break put into the tachograph a manual entry to cover the time the card was withdrawn.

But if he is on break how can he remove his card ?

bald bloke:

tachograph:

I wondered that

Leave card in and do manual entry explaining why break was interrupted

ROG:

bald bloke:

tachograph:

I wondered that

Yes but he would legally have to start his break or part of his break again.

or just admit you only took 44mins…

bald bloke:

tachograph:

If he’s already on break when he finds out the vehicle needs to be moved the shunter can withdraw the card.

ROG:

bald bloke:

tachograph:

I wondered that

And knowingly let someone else use his card to drive the vehicle, why not just have the card removed by the shunter, or whoever is moving the vehicle :confused:

tachograph:

bald bloke:

tachograph:

If he’s already on break when he finds out the vehicle needs to be moved the shunter can withdraw the card.

Well i suppose so.

Tonight shall I take my card out for my break time and then put it back in? It occurred to me that if you are at a place where they are not bothered about the law the shunter could just ruin your card by driving on it. Best to remove it eh?

alder:
Tonight shall I take my card out for my break time and then put it back in? It occurred to me that if you are at a place where they are not bothered about the law the shunter could just ruin your card by driving on it. Best to remove it eh?

If your vehicle is going to be driven at night in the yard then yes take it out.

alder:

VOSA will get interested if a card is removed for a few breaks so make it clear on a printout why this is being done and where so VOSA can check if they want to with the delivery place as to what procedures go on there

alder:

Personally I’d lock the vehicle so if anyone wants to move it they’ve got to see me first.

tachograph:

alder:

Personally I’d lock the vehicle so if anyone wants to move it they’ve got to see me first.

I was reading it that he meant at night when he went home but looking at it again maybe he meant when he has his 45 tonight so he must work nights i guess.