Tacho question again

ive usd a tacho with an orange screen im guessing there a newer version,seen this a couple of times, when ive put tacho onto break turned the engine off might of gone for walk or some thing come back turned the key and symbol turns to other work, whats going on, i reckon that stuffs my break up, so do i have to restart my 45min

there is nothing going on as such, that is simply how the tacho has been set up

it can be altered to stay on whatever it is on before the ignition is switched on, i think this has to be done at the dealer

heliguy10:
ive usd a tacho with an orange screen im guessing there a newer version,seen this a couple of times, when ive put tacho onto break turned the engine off might of gone for walk or some thing come back turned the key and symbol turns to other work, whats going on, i reckon that stuffs my break up, so do i have to restart my 45min

yeah it stuffs up your break unless it went over your first 15 minutes you could then reset to break for the remaining 30 minutes

just some thing to bear in mind next time im using one, thought the new version were surpose to be user freindly :unamused:

heliguy10:
just some thing to bear in mind next time im using one, thought the new version were surpose to be user freindly :unamused:

It’s nothing to do with the version. It’s how it is set up when being fitted. As has been mentioned a tacho centre can reprogram it. You can’t.

Had my latest truck changed to default to break, and will stay on break regardless of what you do with ignition, wont go back to other work unless the truck has moved, last on was done with out asking as it was defaulting to other work so i was recording to much work, breaks were ok though, always better to record to much break than to much other work.
but each to there own on this one.
Some firms may be reluctant to let you have the default settings changed, as it can cost sometimes.

Weeton, you are wrong in what you say.
If you turn ignition off and it defaults to break, you can still press 1 to change mode.

You Need to record work or you may have an argument with Vosa if they stop you.

On the new stoneridge units the default mode setting can be changed by the company when a company card is inserted.

trubster:
Weeton, you are wrong in what you say.
If you turn ignition off and it defaults to break, you can still press 1 to change mode.

You Need to record work or you may have an argument with Vosa if they stop you.

On the new stoneridge units the default mode setting can be changed by the company when a company card is inserted.

But that is a manual entry, not a default entry!
Who said I wasnt recording other work? Never had an arguement with Ministry/VOSA regarding to much break, but they have said they like to see lots of breaks.
I will say, some of the work I do, doesnt get recorded because digi tachos are stupid.

Digital tachographs are not stupid, they do what they are told to do.

I am not on about a manual entry at all, what gives you this idea? Do you know how to use the tachographs?

I said press 1 to change the mode once the ignition is off and as long as it is not switched back on it will record the time as work. Vosa do have a problem if you are not recording working time correctly as at the same time you are falsifying rest times.