Tacho question 3.5t and trailer

we’ve got a 3.5t flatbed towing a 3.5t trailer each carrying 1 ton so comes under reg’s ok so far. what I need to know is once it is tipped can we remove card and travel back out of scope as will be below 7.5t. tried looking at legislation but it’s a mine field.
I know there’s a few of you clued up on reg’s so hope you can help. thank’s in advance.

Think you will find you still come under the scope as I think it is the maximum permissable weight you could carry not what the combo weighs empty, flog the van and get a dual purpose vehicle because they are exempt !

m.a.n rules:
we’ve got a 3.5t flatbed towing a 3.5t trailer each carrying 1 ton so comes under reg’s ok so far. what I need to know is once it is tipped can we remove card and travel back out of scope as will be below 7.5t. tried looking at legislation but it’s a mine field.
I know there’s a few of you clued up on reg’s so hope you can help. thank’s in advance.

IIRC, No you would still have to use the tacho, But a mate of mine ran the same as you & he used to put the empty trailer on the flat bed so he didnt have to use the tacho.

Two things -
The plated weights will still be the same whether loaded or not
The WHOLE of the journey must be recorded
= Tacho needed from and back to base

Assuming an exemption does not apply such as not going outside a 100km radius of base etc

thanks for replies. rog would it alter things if we did as Lawrence said and ran back with the trailer loaded on the flatbed. the reason I am asking is because the journey is from tamworth staff’s to ■■■■■■■ ayshire. a round trip of almost 600 miles so very tight on tacho even using a 10.

m.a.n rules:
thanks for replies. rog would it alter things if we did as Lawrence said and ran back with the trailer loaded on the flatbed. the reason I am asking is because the journey is from tamworth staff’s to ■■■■■■■ ayshire. a round trip of almost 600 miles so very tight on tacho even using a 10.

The trailer on the vehicle makes the return under UK domestic regs but the 10 hour max driving time will still be there because if it was mixed EU + Uk domestic regs then the max is still a total of 10 hours driving time

If the tacho is not set on the return to out of scope for UK domestic regs then that will be questioned - besides that the tacho head will still record the driving time

Analogue tacho or digi ■■

digi ray.

digi ray. oh ball’s

gov.uk/tachographs/tachogra … t-vehicles