Tacho Q..workshop repair driving

I got a new job which is great now…and as I sometimes have to go from ipswich to billaricky essex milage 100kilometres Do I have to put a tach card in it??
I am taking a 7.5 tonne tipper truck from the workshop to its operating base I am doing no haulage work with it just either returing it or picking 1 up for repair or servicing?
I been having a chat/argument with another fitter over this today…
Also the company has 2 or 3 digi card trucks I have my own digi card do i use this or the work shop card?( which they havent got yet…but this last Q is for the future)

Your digi card must be used in all the scenarios you’ve mentioned.

A workshop card is used for shunting within the repair facility, for
road testing following repairs i.e. workshop to workshop, and for
relocating the vehicle to another workshop i.e. mechanical shop to body shop.

The workshop card is also used for testing/calibrating the tachograph unit.

Workshop Cards are ONLY for use where driving is directly involved with calibration of tacho; in other words, for the 1000m run. However, as the approved methods are on rollers in the tacho centre or on the 20 m test track outside, don’t use your workshop card for driving. You will only get a workshop card if you have passed a VOSA approved Level 3 course and work in an approved Tacho Centre.

Collecting and returning vehicles to a customer 100Km away; you need to use a chart / card and will come under drivers hours that day and will require an EC weekly rest period that week…