Tacho puzzler

I could be setting myself up here to look really stupid :blush: :laughing:
But forgive me if I’ve missed something really obvious here, or got something easy bloody wrong…it’s my first day back after 16 days off :smiley:

Anyway, been a bit of a funny day, did not start to late, only done 3 hours 3 minutes driving total (verified on printout) most time has been spent waiting, and I’m parked up as load not ready to morning.
But …on my tacho display on dashboard it is showing 7 hrs 17 min on display, but the correct amount 3hrs 3min on weekly driving so far, and 21mins (also correct) since break.
Anybody throw any light on the 7hrs 17 ■■ :neutral_face:

Surname covered to protect the innocent. :laughing:

Could it be the amount of driving time available before an overnight break?

eurotrans:

No, that section 2nd reading down tells you how long you’ve driven for that day…so both sections (daily and week totals) should read 3 03 with being my first day of the week.
My minds gone blank mate, I think I’m right saying that,…I’ve been off too bloody long, I can’t even remember if that’s correct or not. :sunglasses: . :smiley:
Think it’s showing my lack of interest in tachos…and the job in general. :smiley:
It’s a Merc Actros btw. enough to make anyone lose ■■■■ interest. :laughing:

What’s the tacho head say the same or different?

Did you do a manual entry and ■■■■ it up therfore it’s added your last driving period plus today’s together, although it would have been flashing break at 4 and a half hours like mad if that was the case.

simcor:
What’s the tacho head say the same or different?

Did you do a manual entry and ■■■■ it up therfore it’s added your last driving period plus today’s together, although it would have been flashing break at 4 and a half hours like mad if that was the case.

Well firstly I have not done 4 and half hours continuous OR total, so it did not flash up for a break…although I did book a 45.
Secondly I never do manual entries (well not of that type anyway :laughing: ) so no again. :neutral_face:

That rules that out then.
I Know you haven’t done 4.5 hrs driving but I’ve done it before and messed up a manual entry. So it looks like you haven’t had a daily rest and it adds the last amount of driving time and whatever you have driven together, but as I said it would have been flashing like mad at 4.5 hrs.

And as you don’t so manual entries then it isn’t that.

Time from start of shift/put your card in?

Started this morning, it had cleared it’s self, and is showing the correct reading of 3h 3m weekly driving so far…no mention of the 7h+ .
Remains a mystery…not particularly bothered btw, but curious.

robroy:

eurotrans:

No, that section 2nd reading down tells you how long you’ve driven for that day…so both sections (daily and week totals) should read 3 03 with being my first day of the week.
My minds gone blank mate, I think I’m right saying that,…I’ve been off too bloody long, I can’t even remember if that’s correct or not. :sunglasses: . :smiley:
Think it’s showing my lack of interest in tachos…and the job in general. :smiley:
It’s a Merc Actros btw. enough to make anyone lose [zb] interest. :laughing:

Well there’s your problem! :laughing:

Completely unrelated to your post rob…

I drive Scania 98% of the time and the other 2% is in one of those mercs that your in there.

In the Scania (2 pedal auto) when you put it in reverse or a forward gear then push the whole paddle away from you and hold for a second it changes from R1 or 1, 2 to RM or 1m or 2m etc etc. This is particularly handy for slow reversing in a tight spot. It’s makes the clutch/gearbox much smoother and more responsive. A manoeuvring mode.

In the merc I just find it really jerky in reverse and much less responsive than the Scania. Is there something I can press like in the Scania to put it into a manoeuvring mode? If so how do I do it?

Thanks!

DickyNick:

I drive Scania 98% of the time and the other 2% is in one of those mercs that your in there.

In the Scania (2 pedal auto) when you put it in reverse or a forward gear then push the whole paddle away from you and hold for a second it changes from R1 or 1, 2 to RM or 1m or 2m etc etc. This is particularly handy for slow reversing in a tight spot. It’s makes the clutch/gearbox much smoother and more responsive. A manoeuvring mode.

In the merc I just find it really jerky in reverse and much less responsive than the Scania. Is there something I can press like in the Scania to put it into a manoeuvring mode? If so how do I do it?

Thanks!

Don’t think so mate, you just eventually get used to it after a while. :neutral_face:
I had a 10 yr old Scania for a day last year, while this heap of ■■■■ was getting prepared for MOT…, I’d forgotten how good a Scania was in comparison, ride, seating position, drive, in fact just about everything.

No I’m a not a fan of them either. But I’ve been told they do well on fuel so bosses are starting to like them more and more. I’d honestly rather a 14 or 15 plate Scania over a brand new 68 plate actros.

DickyNick:

Thanks!

Mercs do have a crawler mode in forward & reverse but ours only seem to work when you don’t want it to…As for the gearbox, put in reverse, build up the speed a tad, pull the stalk towards you and repeat until in R4… don’t try this with a trailer on though, you’ll never react quick enough to the slightest misalignment!!

Copied this from the manual…

Crawler mode

General notes

Crawler mode enables the vehicle to crawl forwards automatically when the service brake is released and to coast in neutral when the accelerator pedal is not depressed. After crawling forwards, the vehicle coasts in neutral until you bring the vehicle to a halt using the service brake or until crawler mode is deactivated/cancelled.

Crawling and coasting are possible in all pulling-away gears. You can shift gear manually, e.g. in a traffic jam, and adjust your coasting speed to the traffic conditions.

Crawler mode is deactivated automatically if:
you shift the transmission to neutral position mbsymb6_inv_0069.png for longer than approximately 2 seconds.
you apply the parking brake.
you activate the rocking-free drive function.
distance control assistant intervenes.
the idling speed is above approximately 700 rpm.
Active Brake Assist has intervened.
backup drive mode is enabled.
the clutch is about to overload.
a change of direction cannot be performed.
If no further conditions are met, crawler mode is reactivated when you pull away using the accelerator pedal.

Crawler mode is cancelled automatically when its functional limits are reached.

This is the case if:
the vehicle does not move, e.g. due to unexpectedly high driving resistance
the wheels spin, e.g. on slippery road surfaces
the driving resistance exceeds a predetermined value when crawling/coasting in neutral
If crawler mode has been cancelled automatically, the on-board computer shows the Crawler mode cancelled event window. The warning buzzer sounds and the transmission control disengages the clutch. In this case, depress the brake pedal to bring the vehicle to a halt or depress the accelerator pedal to pull away again. If you do not depress the brake or accelerator pedal, crawler mode is deactivated. It will only be available again when you pull away by depressing the accelerator pedal.

Is that not your fortnightly driving :question: :question: know you said you have been off but depends the day you last drove some hours from then + todays driving

Rather have the mere to a Scania as I hate them horrible to drive horrible gearbox horrible seating position cab far too small could go on but