Tacho problem

When I started work yesterday after having the weekend off I did my manual entries as usual then shortly after starting driving I got a message saying ’ time for weekly rest ‘. My first thought was that I must’ve cocked up the manual entry, but when I downloaded my card there were no infringements and the full weekly rest showed as it should. I then drove another lorry with a different tacho type, no problem then this morning I’m in a third lorry with the same type of tacho as the first and it’s saying ’ time for weekly rest’ again. Any ideas? Tia.

Why would you do manual entries after a weekend off there should be no need

1968kg:
When I started work yesterday after having the weekend off I did my manual entries as usual then shortly after starting driving I got a message saying ’ time for weekly rest ‘. My first thought was that I must’ve cocked up the manual entry, but when I downloaded my card there were no infringements and the full weekly rest showed as it should. I then drove another lorry with a different tacho type, no problem then this morning I’m in a third lorry with the same type of tacho as the first and it’s saying ’ time for weekly rest’ again. Any ideas? Tia.

No need for manual entries unless your sat around in the rest room for what ever reason before getting allocation of a motor.
Try wiping your card if its working in one motor and not another,or it might be defective in which you need to get it replaced

I always do manual entries to cover the end of my shift which might be 5 mins handing in keys or several hours in the warehouse, then again in the morning to cover the time waiting for a lorry/ work and vehicle checks etc. In any case all I’m wondering is why the tacho head is saying I need to take a weekly rest but tachomaster is saying everything’s ok.

That happened to me this morning after weekly rest, no manual entries as such, it asked Q rest till now answered yes, started driving after walk around and its telling me I need a 24 hour weekly rest.

alix776:

Perhaps because like me when they get out of the cab on a Friday they spend 10 minutes handing keys and paperwork in before going home and it could be a firm that pays what is on your card so no manual entry for that 10 minutes, no pay for it.

alix776:

Because that’s what you should do, for example 10 minutes other work Friday afternoon, 58 hours rest over the weekend and perhaps 10 minutes other work again Monday morning.

Can’t you hand notes in, debrief, whatever, before you remove your card?

coiler:
Can’t you hand notes in, debrief, whatever, before you remove your card?

Then you’ll have to go back out to your truck which in some companies might be a bit of a hike.

Bet you didn’t let if finish doing its stuff and moved before it had don the biz

I would suggest either a cocked up manual entry (but sounds like you know exactly what you are doing) or Nick2008 has a good suggestion above.

What brand of Tacho is it that caused the problem?

It’s a Stoneridge.
I definitely didn’t move away too soon and I expect that I have cocked up the entry, it’s just the discrepancy between what the tacho head says and tachomaster that I don’t get.