tacho printout

when and why would you need to do a printout on a digi tacho ?

If a police officer or vosa officer requests it.

Also if you have an infringement with a genuine reason you would print out your daily driving record and write on the back.

ok thanks

As well as the above you might need to supply your employer with a printout if you are working for an agency. They will most likely need to be able to prove you drove the vehicle so they can be paid.

If you think you just might have commited an infringement and want to be able to work it out with all of the same facts in writing in front of you that the VOSA or your TM will have.

you might make yourself happy by seeing that you dont have an infringement.
Or if you do, you might be able to explain it and write it on the back of the printout.

Also, if you are working Agency, to PROVE that you actually worked for a client on a given day and so to be able to get your wages out of a dodgy Agency. It actually happened TWICE to me over the last christmas!! NOT the agency that I do nearly all of my work for though. They always pay me on time and in full without hassle.

Also in the event that you lose your card, or the unit won’t accept your card due to a fault.

If you are working for an agency, what you should be doing is offering your card to the fleet operator at the end of your shift, it doesn’t matter if they tell you they wont download it, but you have done the legal bit