Tacho Printout

Here’s a good question, finished my shift at Royal Mail and did a print out. This is where the tacho asks if it was a 24 hour day. The duty manager asked me why did I take a print out and I told him it was for my own records. He then informed me that if I keep doing it and get stopped by VOSA the printouts are recorded and VOSA will treat this as not knowing the rules. To be honest I haven’t heard this before and can’t find it anywhere to check up. Is this cosher or not.

There have been a few posts where drivers (mainly agency) do this and I’ve never heard of them having a problem

doing this print out every day might not please the ECOLOGICAL police :exclamation: :exclamation:

This guy is an idiot, tell him I said so, he shouldn’t be managing anything. How would taking a printout to keep track of your hours or check something be classed as not knowing the rules?

That behaviour would lead me to scrutinize every pay slip and very accurately keep records of all hours worked and all vehicles driven.He is probably not used to people being smarter than him.I suspect that he will try and short change you on your hours worked so keep all the evidence you can.

Thanks guys, I had a feeling that he was talking a load of spam. The good thing is that its a minimum of 8 hours pay and I sing in and out. Also I keep track of all my hours and check what and when has been paid. I plan to invest in one of those keyring thingys which tells you all you need to know.
tachodisc.co.uk/tachograph-p … ccessories

To be honest I think the manager could have been trying to save the cost of the printing paper.

Still an idiot for saying that taking printouts could be interpreted as not knowing the rules though :unamused:

He did mention £6 per roll. Thought it smelled fishy but not going to argue as I want to keep the job and being agency, well we all know what can happen.

If the Royal Mail are paying £6 a roll then they really are idiots. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Unless of course that includes postage. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
If the Royal Mail are paying £6 a roll then they really are idiots. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Unless of course that includes postage. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

via DHL :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Paul-H:
He did mention £6 per roll. Thought it smelled fishy but not going to argue as I want to keep the job and being agency, well we all know what can happen.

There’s no way they could be paying £6 a roll :open_mouth:

If using their print paper is likely to lead to problems for you perhaps you should consider buying a couple of rolls off eBay, you can get 3 rolls for about £6/£8 usually.

If you decide to take that road make a point of letting him know you’re no longer using their paper and everyone should be happy :wink:

tachograph:

Paul-H:

There’s no way they could be paying £6 a roll :open_mouth:

If using their print paper is likely to lead to problems for you perhaps you should consider buying a couple of rolls off eBay, you can get 3 rolls for about £6/£8 usually.

If you decide to take that road make a point of letting him know you’re no longer using their paper and everyone should be happy :wink:

If you give me a call I will sell you some diesel as well, why would a driver want to pay for tacho cards? surely printer paper is exactly the same. I doubt the company paid for the digital card.

I would take the cheaper and easier route, and just tell the manager he is an idiot like Coffee suggested :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
why would a driver want to pay for tacho cards? surely printer paper is exactly the same. I doubt the company paid for the digital card.

No-one has mentioned charts but the reason why he may want to provide his own printing paper if he wishes to continue doing printouts is because Paul-H has already said the printouts are for his own records and the company have no obligation to provide printing paper for that purpose, also he’s said that he’s there on agency and presumably would like to keep working there.

I understand where you’re coming from but some times you just have to be prepared to bend a little to keep the job, especially with the current work situation.
Given the choices that Paul-H probably has I know what I would do, I’d stop using their paper for my own use :wink:

Or keep using it and don’t tell him about it :grimacing:

Paul-H:

or keep a diary, the same info is on the digital display.

Wheel Nut:

Paul-H:

or keep a diary, the same info is on the digital display.

I agree, I just take any info I need off the display, much better than having all those printouts :wink:

Can they tell if printouts have been taken when they download from the VDU ?

tachograph:

Now that is an interesting question.

They’ve started (possibly) monitoring how many rolls we use, by making us sign for each box we have.

I sometimes do 3 or 4 printouts a day.

Tachograph said;

No. Although the VU will store details about how a Control Card was used in it eg, were records downloaded or printed out

geebee45:
Tachograph said;

No. Although the VU will store details about how a Control Card was used in it eg, were records downloaded or printed out

Thanks Geebee.

I imagine you are sat behind a computer screen giggling at us all (myself included) making silly comments and guessing, while you just bide your time and stop a thread in it’s tracks with a sensible answer :stuck_out_tongue:

geebee45:
Tachograph said;

Marvellous. Thanks geebee.

That leaves me safe to keep saying I gave a roll (and some bolt seals) to a mate because he was running out :wink:

Yeah - there’s stuff on my print outs that I think are to do with having a roadside check back in May.

Wheel Nut said:

Thanks Geebee.

I imagine you are sat behind a computer screen giggling at us all (myself included) making silly comments and guessing, while you just bide your time and stop a thread in it’s tracks with a sensible answer

There are a few instances where the (mis)information contained in posts results in a good :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . I usually look on it as a case of I get paid to read and interpret legislation, on the whole drivers don’t, they usually have something better to do. So is it really surprising that myth and rumour abound. Hopefully I can get rid of some of the more blatant ones, whether they come from drivers or managers.

There are a few posts that I find :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: but that’s life.

I’m off to swallow another ‘chill pill’ this one seems to be running out :smiley: