Tacho print outs

What does this section with the red X beside it mean. Got a bit worried when it printed out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Time overlap, driver’s card.

A ‘time overlap’ is defined in the legislation as a time difference between two VUs that a card is inserted into. The time on the VU that the card is inserted into second being behind the time of the VU that the card was originally inserted into.

“Time overlap” event is triggered when the date/time of last withdrawal of a driver card, as read from the card, is later than the current date/time of the recording equipment in which the card is inserted. In this case it looks like the difference was mostly 53/54 minutes and occasionally 23 minutes so for example if you took your card out of vehicle A and it showed 12:00 hrs and then went into vehicle B and the time on the tachograph on vehicle B was indicating 11:07 to vehicle B it looks like you took your card out of vehicle A 53 minutes in the future so you get that time overlap recorded on your card.

The either the vehicle that gave you the time overlap or the vehicle you’d been driving prior to that needs to have its internal UTC time checked as it is significantly out.

Thanks a mill I took a print out to be safe as I started getting worried. Ill tell the office Monday about it, who knows might get done by December [emoji2369]

brianchalkyshaw:
Thanks a mill I took a print out to be safe as I started getting worried. Ill tell the office Monday about it, who knows might get done by December [emoji2369]

I doubt it.

UTC can be out by quite a bit before it needs calibrating. Think it’s 20 minutes? If it’s more it is to go into a service centre.

You can adjust it by a minute each week (so if you adjusted it by a minute today you couldn’t adjust it again until next Friday…) so you could catch it up like that but it only really works if you’re in the same truck…

Ill find out Monday if the Maintenance team want to deal with it i logged it on me walk around anyway.

Suggest you put in a defect report. If there’s any comeback you can always point to it.

brianchalkyshaw:
Ill find out Monday if the Maintenance team want to deal with it i logged it on me walk around anyway.

Your maintenance team cannot deal with it unless they qualified to work on digital tachographs, if a digital tachograph is more than 20 minutes out it should be defected and sent to a tachograph centre for correction.

I filled out a defect sheet dismorning, i dont think they are id say its a job for the CVRT/DOE crowd.

On a second look it looks like all but one of those errors are from last year so either you drive different vehicles or the problem has been fixed.

tachograph:
On a second look it looks like all but one of those errors are from last year so either you drive different vehicles or the problem has been fixed.

I drive 2 an 18tonne which is the 08 and a 7.5tonne which is the 161. I seen dismorning that the hour didnt jump forward ive been off last few days so I only coped that the hour didnt spring forward as it does on your phone. So I defected it.

[emoji1783]

brianchalkyshaw:

tachograph:

I drive 2 an 18tonne which is the 08 and a 7.5tonne which is the 161. I seen dismorning that the hour didnt jump forward ive been off last few days so I only coped that the hour didnt spring forward as it does on your phone. So I defected it.

UTC (the time a tacho runs on) doesn’t change when the clocks do - it stays the same all.year round.

You can change local time which is the time you see but everything is still recorded in UTC

UTC is standard across the board so if i start in Dublin finish in Liverpool take a print iut it will be UTC but i just change my end location is all,

checked out a video on youtube

youtu.be/8jFQnjeI9fw

Just to have a video running while i helf my copy as a demo of what it should be like.

brianchalkyshaw:

tachograph:

They don’t spring forward like a phone you have to manually change the local time yourself

If I was a vosa man I would be more concerned with the drive, break, drive, break etc with no other work showing. Would suggest that you may be unloading on break. Does the unit auto change to break when you switch off ignition?

It automatically swaps to break yeah when the ignition is off.

Have brought it up in several meetings but was told once your keeping to your break times your ok.

brianchalkyshaw:

Have brought it up in several meetings but was told once your keeping to your break times your ok.

If you’re working after you switch off the ignition you should change the tachograph mode to other work, you can change the mode after the ignition is switched off.

Regularly recording break when you’re working is considered to be quite a serious offence by the DVSA.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

brianchalkyshaw:

If you’re working after you switch off the ignition you should change the tachograph mode to other work, you can change the mode after the ignition is switched off.

Regularly recording break when you’re working is considered to be quite a serious offence by the DVSA.

Sent from my mobile.

Yep, this ^^^
My trucks tacho defaults to break too, but tapping the mode button twice after you shut off the engine soon becomes automatic though, yes I do forget it sometimes say on a weighbridge or whatever but anyone checking my tacho will instantly see it’s not done repeatedly and therefore intentionally.

I just like my card to show exactly when I’m actually taking a break and when I’m working, I don’t bother with POA though as it falsely resets your driving time and it’s really not necessary for me to use in my job anyway so why over-complicate things.

Fuzrat:
If I was a vosa man I would be more concerned with the drive, break, drive, break etc with no other work showing. Would suggest that you may be unloading on break. Does the unit auto change to break when you switch off ignition?

Fridge drivers…

Will show almost drive/break/drive/break all day if they’re not in the trailer tipping which at most places I go to is the case. Once I’ve backed onto the bay, I put it on break and take my paperwork and keys in etc (which is technically fraudulent because I should show other work and then return to the lorry to put it on break and then go and sit in the drivers first class lounge area). All of our lot work this way and (as far as I’m aware) DVSA haven’t said a word about it.

If the keys are handed in and your not near the truck, off away in the drivers room having a cuppa. Then your on a break arent you. Like even if it is 8 mins or 12 mins at a time im not in the back while its getting loaded.

I do try and show a 45 straight for my official break but when i cant i do 15 and 30