Tacho 'overlap' warning?

I got in a unit this morning, started my cute hecks and it had a problem with a light, so the office got me a new unit. No problem - I swapped the units round on the trailer and took my gear and digicard out of the first unit and started to set up in there new one.
When I inserted my card it came up with a warning that looks like the symbol for going over your hours, and it said ‘overlap’. I’ve no idea what’s meant by that.
Any ideas?

At a guess the time on one of the tacho heads was wrong, eg you pulled card from unit 1 with tacho showing 09.00 and inserted it in unit 2 with tacho showing 08.59.

As above, it means that one or both of the tachographs UTC time was a bit out, as long as neither of the tachographs were more than 20 minutes out it nothing to worry about :wink:

Ok, cheers

I done this twice in 2016 , rescuing a driver , and swapping units and it still shows on my printouts to this day?

I had it when I swapped trucks , because I removed the card at 9:00 and jumped into the other at 9:00 it overlapped .
So next time I gave I another minute before putting the card into the 2nd truck .
Boss must think I’m a fat lazy sod taking near 90 seconds to get from one to the other !!

It’s ridiculous that we are still held hostage by 1990s technology.
Surely a better, more accurate system could be developed

Shandy123:
It’s ridiculous that we are still held hostage by 1990s technology.
Surely a better, more accurate system could be developed

Surely they could program it correctly so POA doesn’t ■■■■ up your driving times breaks