Tacho modes

Been out with a new mob the past few nights and been going nuts with my tacho. Every time I turn off the ignition the tachograph jumps to break. This means that at every drop while I am unloading it’s shows me on break. Even when refuelling it shows me on break as I have to remove keys. I noticed I have to change to other work when I stop but as soon as I turn off the ignition …bam I’m on break! Can’t be unloading on break, it also resets my driving time every time I’m stopped for more than 45 mins with a delivery. Guy in office says it’s OK, it’s in case you forget to change mode and forget break…is this a faulty tachograph or faulty guy!!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

There’s nothing wrong with the tachograph they’ve been like that for years now.

Digital tachographs can be set to default to Break or Other work or POA when the ignition is switched off, I believe that some newer tachographs can have the default activity when switched off set with the company tachograph smart card but otherwise it has to go to a tachograph centre to be changed.

All that’s required is for you to remember to change the activity mode when you switch off the ignition, it’s a pita at first but you soon get used to it.

So I need to change to other work AFTER I switch ignition off?

EddieMD:
So I need to change to other work AFTER I switch ignition off?

Yeah thats exactly what you will have to do…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When you switch off the ignition you will see the activity on the tachograph display flashing for a few seconds, if you change the activity while it’s still flashing only the activity you select will be recorded.

Thanks again