tacho letter

Got a letter from my agency with a print out of time start /odo reading/ break time / speed etc and there are a few infingments that i have done They have asked that i isgn and send it back…should i be concerned about it or is it a normal thing that drivers get from time to time , The company is exel and will these infringements lead me to being chucked off the job.

goofball:
Got a letter from my agency with a print out of time start /odo reading/ break time / speed etc and there are a few infingments that i have done They have asked that i isgn and send it back…should i be concerned about it or is it a normal thing that drivers get from time to time , The company is exel and will these infringements lead me to being chucked off the job.

Its normal to get them if you’ve done something wrong. It just shows that the company is monitoring drivers tachos and drivers and they are taking steps to keep you within the law. They are just an aknowledgement that you have been told.

We get them all the time at Exel/DHL none of the infringements are to do with the legality of driving most of them are to do with stupid little rules the FTAhave made up over the years like more than 15 minutes between inserting the tacho and writing EDR.

I personally think the FTA is a waste of space but the big companies seem to pay them a fortune to pick up on the tiniest littel mistakes made by drivers.

no you shouldnt get chucked off the job, i got some when i was on agency for salvos for not putting s.d.p , e.d.p etc and driving with the mode on break all the time :blush: . thats the idea of infringements to tell you your doing something wrong so you can put it right.

if you have committed offences that are clearly marked then you should be interviewed by the transport manager of the company and advised on how to avoid a reoccurance of the same offences.
there is a box on the sheet for the company representative to sign, they should also keep a record of any advice or reprimand that they issue to drivers for infringements.
if they are not doing this then they are only paying lip service to the regulations.

jammymutt:
I personally think the FTA is a waste of space but the big companies seem to pay them a fortune to pick up on the tiniest littel mistakes made by drivers.

True in most cases but they have to been seen to be doing something so ensure none of the drivers are running badly bent so I guess I can see why they do it. I do agree that some of the alleged infringements are a waste of time, but even having said that if it picks up one or two rogue drivers who are running consistently bent (be it through malice or a genuine mistake) then they’ll see it as money well spent as at the end of the day it would be a disaster if one of the big fleets lost their licence.

Paul

repton:

jammymutt:

True in most cases but they have to been seen to be doing something so ensure none of the drivers are running badly bent so I guess I can see why they do it. I do agree that some of the alleged infringements are a waste of time, but even having said that if it picks up one or two rogue drivers who are running consistently bent (be it through malice or a genuine mistake) then they’ll see it as money well spent as at the end of the day it would be a disaster if one of the big fleets lost their licence.

Paul

you mean like rf fielding?
or hayton coulthard?
or william martin oliver?
and whitkirk produce have just been done too - you might recall that is the company that had a special section on the drivers timesheet for work carried out off the tacho.
i don’t see any of these companies being closed down as a big disaster, in fact it’s a positive move within the industry to clean up it’s image.

jammymutt:
We get them all the time at Exel/DHL none of the infringements are to do with the legality of driving most of them are to do with stupid little rules the FTAhave made up over the years like more than 15 minutes between inserting the tacho and writing EDR.

cant agree on the israel bit,but totally agree on your comments.