Tacho laws and working time

Hello just done my cpc and learnt a lot of new stuff like working times aswell as driving hours. My question is now you have to record all daily activities and manually enter them on ur tacho card. I drive a 3.5 ton van and a 7.5 ton truck. So when am driving my 3.5 can I manually enter into my tacho driving but I will not be having a break after 4.5 hours of driving as I don’t have to. Will it show up as a infringement, or do I just put “other work”

Driving non hgv counts as other work, there’s no way to manually enter driving anyway.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

shows how stupid the rules are doesn’t it.
I’m pretty sure that you would just enter the whole shifts in the non hgv as other work only, in fact it’s not possible to enter driving as a manual entry i think.

I also have been reading about the new regs regarding the 28 day record. I do very part time Hgv driving, my question:- I do a 24hr print out from the Digi tacho, which then has my card details on it, next question? I write the last 28days previous working days on the reverse (I work shifts for my full time employer) IE Start,breaks, finishtimes. IS this method still ok to use if VOSA pull me?

tarmactipper:
I also have been reading about the new regs regarding the 28 day record. I do very part time Hgv driving, my question:- I do a 24hr print out from the Digi tacho, which then has my card details on it, next question? I write the last 28days previous working days on the reverse (I work shifts for my full time employer) IE Start,breaks, finishtimes. IS this method still ok to use if VOSA pull me?

As long as you fill in the trace line like this.
So that someone who doesn’t understand English could still understand it from the dates and the line.

So this method is no good?

Ridleys_transport:
Hello just done my cpc and learnt a lot of new stuff like working times aswell as driving hours. My question is now you have to record all daily activities and manually enter them on ur tacho card. I drive a 3.5 ton van and a 7.5 ton truck. So when am driving my 3.5 can I manually enter into my tacho driving but I will not be having a break after 4.5 hours of driving as I don’t have to. Will it show up as a infringement, or do I just put “other work”

Manual entry “other work” not forgetting a break before 6 hours work is up!!

Well it seems the RHA has got involved with the 28 day rules and had parts of it changed for the better, this was announced yesterday 30/08/22

The Road Haulage Association (RHA) writes that the UK Department for Transport has confirmed that block entries and attestation (evidence) forms will now be accepted by DVSA. The confirmation comes after the RHA highlighted the challenges lorry drivers face meeting the regulation that requires 28 days of driving records to be kept.
In a statement on its website, the RHA said the change is welcome given the “inability of some tachos to accept more than 14 days manual entries and other issues with DVSA’s previous approach.”

However, as the RHA explains, it is limited to fixed week only. Therefore, the RHA stresses that if any in-scope driving is done in any week, then a full daily record is required for all activity in that week.

According to the RHA, drivers “other activities” can be recorded using the following:

Manual inputs on a digital/smart tachograph; or
Making a manual record on an analogue tachograph disc or printout paper.
Attestation (evidence) form, using the template at: Form of attestation of activities (europa.eu).
Further details of the changes and how to use them can be found here.
Commenting on the confirmation from the Department for Transport, Richard Smith, RHA Managing Director, said:
“This is a welcome step to deal with a bureaucratic mismanagement of monitoring driver rest and breaks. We can, and should, do more to make compliance with the rest and recording of time rule for commercial drivers easier. RHA will continue to push the UK government for change to the legislation to remove some of the administrative burden, especially for occasional drivers.”

tarmactipper:
So this method is no good?

I would say yes, it like it will be in accordance to the changes to the 28 day rule in the post below yours, as it is a block entry of your activities of non driving work on the back of a print out which i assume has your details on it.

from RHA site with an example for someone who only does part time driving.

Weeto. Yes I insert my card to do a 24hr printout, then pull further paper out to write the 28days info on the rear.