Tacho Law book

Looking for a book to try and keep up with the latest tacho laws, I saw from previous posts that the book is GV262 is this the same book as this one on the link ?

tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? … rchResults

Any help welcome thanks

I suspect the ‘Tachograph’ or ‘Coffeeholic’ could give good advice on what is the best :slight_smile:

I don’t know what that book is, it looks like something that’s been published by a tacho analysis company.
The book you want (GV262) is available on-line here
you can probably buy a copy if you want it in print but off hand I’m not sure where from.

This is “Regulation (EC) No 561/2006 Of The European Parliament” the regulations laid down by the European parliament from which the British and all EC governments draw up the regulations we work to.

[quote=
The book you want (GV262) is available on-line
here

you can probably buy a copy if you want it in print but off hand I’m not sure where from.
[/quote]

What about emailing the Dft and asking if they sell a hard copy ■■? :question:

the gv262 is available from hmso her majisty’s stationary office, dont know what the cost is now but i got it for free years ago & ive heard that you can go into any vosa office & get their own version free.

but whats the point you may as well just save a copy on your laptop desktop or print off a copy.

GV262 is the VOSA publication delaing with drivers hours and tachographs for HGV’s. There is another publication (PSV375) that deals with the same subject for bus/coach drivers.

Both are available for free from local VOSA offices, although I would give it a couple of weeks because the 3rd edition has only just been printed and has yet to be distributed. Not sure when the 3rd edition is going on the website.

Think i need to get a copy of these… im really struggling at the moment trying to understand it all. :cry:

Therefore, as soon as a total 45-minute break (taken either in one break or in
several breaks of at least 15 minutes each) has been completed, previous driving
(and breaks taken) on that day should be ignored when considering subsequent
driving and breaks in the day. In other words, the calculation of the four-and-a-halfhour
driving period begins afresh.

Taken from the GV262 pdf.

So are you allowed to take 3x 15 minute breaks or not? If this publication is out of date surely it should have been removed or replaced.

8wheels:

Therefore, as soon as a total 45-minute break (taken either in one break or in
several breaks of at least 15 minutes each) has been completed, previous driving
(and breaks taken) on that day should be ignored when considering subsequent
driving and breaks in the day. In other words, the calculation of the four-and-a-halfhour
driving period begins afresh.

Taken from the GV262 pdf.

So are you allowed to take 3x 15 minute breaks or not? If this publication is out of date surely it should have been removed or replaced.

No you are definitely not allowed to taked the break in 3*15,
The latest regulations are on page 40

Well no I didn’t think so, and don’t split breaks like that.

I was actually looking for clarification on some other issue but when I saw that I decided that the whole document is questionable and gave up looking.

Thanks for the info guys i will probably try and get one from the local VOSA office