Tacho: Is this right? Sounds fishy to me

steviespain:
Hang on, who´s going to tell me I screwed up, if I did? TM? DVSA? Is it a requirement to download my tacho into the office every day at end of shift?
[zb] sake, I dunno. [zb] stupid [zb] things COULD be a whole lot easier if they weren´t designed by non [zb] drivers!

If you work for the same company regularly they will download your driver card at least every 28 days, most companies I’ve worked at download agency drivers cards every shift but not all companies do that.

It’s the transport companies responsibility to see that they download your card, your only legal obligation is to make your card available for download.

What makes you think you’ve screwed up ?

Sent from my mobile.

dcgpx:
Then don’t do them if you can’t be bothered running legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^
+1
me too,ive been sweating buckets since going past the vostapo station at glenluce just slightly breaking into the 40 mph overspeed catagory for the last 9 month…bit of a nailbiter sofar… :open_mouth:

Ok, here´s my thinking right now
I´m Agency. Here for 5 days.
I turn up at 06:00, I pick up my paperwork, night driver has done and signed the walk around defect sheet thingy. I hop in, put me card in, click click click, no manual, straight onto Drive. drive out of the gates.
Yes, I´ve done a walk round too but no sheet to sign because it´s been done, apparently.

I get back at whatever time having done 18 drops, not gone past 4.5 hours, pull the van, sorry…BIG TRUCK, onto the bay, card out, go home.

That´s what´s happening tomorrow.

As to the " I think I screwed up"…
Van, coff sorry, BIG LORRY, broke down at 12:00. Clutch not working. Hydraulic fault, apparently.
Did the last 10 mins driving double clutch up and double de-clutching down like I was taught in the old days :smiley:

Put me card onto REST at 12:00 when I stopped, knew it was gonna be a while.

Recovered to DAF at Heathrow, Prop shaft disconnected, no wheel speed etc.

When the wagon went into the workshop at 13:00 I took me card out.

My replacement wagon arrived at 16:00. I put my card in and drove off.

Am I going to prison for a long long time?

Have had several PMs from other TN members with advice and support which I greatly appreciate. Thank you.

dieseldog999:

dcgpx:

^^^^^^^^^^
+1
me too,ive been sweating buckets since going past the vostapo station at glenluce just slightly breaking into the 40 mph overspeed catagory for the last 9 month…bit of a nailbiter sofar… :open_mouth:

More appalled about the prehistoric kit you are using/abusing than the speed.

Also shameful performance… I’ve had my class 1 less than 6 months and I hit a higher over speed than you!

sammym:

dieseldog999:

dcgpx:

^^^^^^^^^^
+1

More appalled about the prehistoric kit you are using/abusing than the speed.

Also shameful performance… I’ve had my class 1 less than 6 months and I hit a higher over speed than you!

^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah yeah sure sure…zzzzzzzzzzzzz :unamused:

sammym:

kcrussell25:
If your are running straight why not do them? Yes might get away with it on a roadside check but worst case if you are in an accident and they start checking you don’t want creating a false record added to the mix

What percentage of drivers do you think actually do them?

How many accidents do you think there is a year?

This often trouted line ‘if there was an accident’ is obviously total nonsense. People use it to justify their own ■■■■ behaviour. If they were checked after an accident we’d hear about it daily. But you don’t.

What’s more - transport companies would insist that you do them. They would not want the accusation that there drivers are running bent. I’ve not been to a single company via agency where it’s even been mentioned. And that includes the big ‘blue chips’.

In answer to your 2 questions I don’t know and can’t be bothered to look them up.

When I say an accident I am talking serious, people getting killed types not a little bump in town.

Why take the chance? I think its sensible and not ■■■■. Of you don’t want to don’t but I run straight so see no reason not to do things properly.

For the record every company I have worked for has expected manual entries

So, who is going to start the first branch of Tachograph School? I can see a national franchise thing going on here :smiley:

kcrussell25:
[
In answer to your 2 questions I don’t know and can’t be bothered to look them up.

When I say an accident I am talking serious, people getting killed types not a little bump in town.

Why take the chance? I think its sensible and not ■■■■. Of you don’t want to don’t but I run straight so see no reason not to do things properly.

You mean the multiple fatalities that happen every month and you hear nothing about… You mean all the serious bangs you read about that don’t reference this stuff.

Not sure what companies you have worked for… Sainsburys, DHL, XPO, Ceva… and a few others. Zero ■■■■■ are given about manual entries.

Edit - please provide one report of someone being done for no manual entry after a bang. You won’t because you are talking total tosh. And no one else will because they believe clowns and cpc trainers who spout such rubbish.

P.S - people do what you want. Do manual entries etc… But don’t talk utter tosh about VOSA/DVSA and accidents out of your bum hole. I don’t care what you do. But don’t fool/con new drivers because you are a jobsworth and a simpleton.

steviespain:
So, who is going to start the first branch of Tachograph School? I can see a national franchise thing going on here :smiley:

Given that he claims to know everything there is to know about the road haulage industry I think sammym should [emoji38]

Sent from my mobile.

steviespain:
Ok, here´s my thinking right now
I´m Agency. Here for 5 days.
I turn up at 06:00, I pick up my paperwork, night driver has done and signed the walk around defect sheet thingy. I hop in, put me card in, click click click, no manual, straight onto Drive. drive out of the gates.
Yes, I´ve done a walk round too but no sheet to sign because it´s been done, apparently.

I get back at whatever time having done 18 drops, not gone past 4.5 hours, pull the van, sorry…BIG TRUCK, onto the bay, card out, go home.

That´s what´s happening tomorrow.

As to the " I think I screwed up"…
Van, coff sorry, BIG LORRY, broke down at 12:00. Clutch not working. Hydraulic fault, apparently.
Did the last 10 mins driving double clutch up and double de-clutching down like I was taught in the old days :smiley:

Put me card onto REST at 12:00 when I stopped, knew it was gonna be a while.

Recovered to DAF at Heathrow, Prop shaft disconnected, no wheel speed etc.

When the wagon went into the workshop at 13:00 I took me card out.

My replacement wagon arrived at 16:00. I put my card in and drove off.

Am I going to prison for a long long time?

Have had several PMs from other TN members with advice and support which I greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Is this a wind up or are you really that stupid? A driver is responsible for his own daily checks and could be fined for not doing it. Stick your card in first thing, do your checks, record it as other work. Dont move until 15 to 20 mins have elapsed.
Manual entries are only required to record other work not recorded on the tacho so most drivers put the card in first thing and remove it when finished so no manual entries required.
As I have mentioned before there is so much info on line and on this forum about tacho use you must either be winding us up or in the wrong job.

sammym:

kcrussell25:
[

You mean the multiple fatalities that happen every month and you hear nothing about… You mean all the serious bangs you read about that don’t reference this stuff.

Not sure what companies you have worked for… Sainsburys, DHL, XPO, Ceva… and a few others. Zero [zb] are given about manual entries.

Edit - please provide one report of someone being done for no manual entry after a bang. You won’t because you are talking total tosh. And no one else will because they believe clowns and cpc trainers who spout such rubbish.

P.S - people do what you want. Do manual entries etc… But don’t talk utter tosh about VOSA/DVSA and accidents out of your bum hole. I don’t care what you do. But don’t fool/con new drivers because you are a jobsworth and a simpleton.

M1 crash last year. The English guy Got the lower charge and then a reduced sentence for a clean record and cooperating. The polish guy got the higher charge and full sentence for aggravating factors that included taco offences (as well as the obvious being drunk and no licence). That was rest issues but they checked his card. That was all in the judges summing up. I don’t know how to post links on my phone but its there if anyone wants to look.

Making it bold doesn’t make your comments true but as many posters more experienced than both of us (and the law says) all work needs to be recorded. If you don’t thats up to you but it is not “conning” to post that.

I would be more concerned that a novice with a very questionable attitude to the law and general safety, given some of your previous posts about not wanting to use a card for an assessment so you can work and doing driving shifts after working all day at your other job (which agreed doesn’t count for rest purposes) is criticising doing the job right

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: HOW DARE YOU :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
you have just disagreed with the newly licensed self proclaimed class 1 driving god with his 2 pals on here.
surely now we have a new contender for the crown of conor?..do we now refer to him as “son of conor”? or is that too easy?
weve had fridge professors,and all sort of ott qualifications professors re conor and his amature radio guff.
now we have this wazzock that apparantly has a phd in rf transmissions that can play at agency work because of the flexibility that would only consider doing a night out if paid on hours through the night,and can achieve £300 clear per shift,with a photo to prove it and also of the agency shift truck plodding at 70mph going past gatwick.
somewhat unsurprisingly the posts tend to read in a similar way to all the other previous posters that come from the overqualified players at hgv driving,
but you have to admit that as ridiculous as they are,then they do pass the time on a quiet day and whats the harm so long as nobody takes them seriously.
please consider yourself suitably chastised and dont even think of disagreeing with this poster ever again.
if you can be a driving god after a cpl of months then to what level will he be the other side of xmas… :unamused:

I´m loving this, I feel like part of the family, I got called stupid :slight_smile:

I did say that I did do my own walk around though, didn´t you see that bit?

Tbh Stevie you are bang out of order. You didn’t fill in the book/bit of paper and personally sign it. You sound like some sort of cowboy and frankly I’m ashamed to have you on my facebook. I’ll be guilty by association of being a reckless criminal.

You need to redeem yourself and change your ways. Hand yourself into the nearest police station and confess your crimes. You will do a bit of prison but you will come out with a clean conscious. I doubt the traffic commissioner will allow you near a heavy goods vehicle - but that’s the price you pay for such liberties.

Haven´t got a HGV licence so…no probs, bring it on Driving God #1 :smiley:

Been thinking actually, about stuff like this, in all the varied careers I´ve had, and there´s been a few, I´ve learned how to do this jobs by either being taught by professionals, or by being show how to do the job the right way by the workers alongside me. That gave me the knowledge to be able to do the job, do it safely, and just…get it done.
Not feeling the love on this particular topic tbh. Apart from the two lovely people who have contacted me and offered support :slight_smile: Thanks.

I´m trying to resurrect my long lost HGV driving career after 30 years away. It ain´t easy, is it.
I think I´m doing the right things, asking questions, doing research etc. But this effin tachograph ■■■■ is a nightmare for me.I think I have a blind spot about retaining the knowledge I glean from YouTube.
Because Youtube is the ONLY place I can actually SEE wtf is going on.
And those vids are not, how shall I put it, exhaustive, or actually presenting the info in a way that I could understand fully and retain.

This tachograph ■■■■■ is like a blind spot for me. You would not BELIEVE what I did today with it!!!
Forgot to put me card in for the firsts 20 mins driving. I know, D-doggy, I know. I´m stupid, I agree.

Let me put it this way…If I took you on a first day on three of my past careers, without training, and expected you to just get on with it?
On one…you would die. No question, you would die.
On the next you would either die or be seriously injured.
Same again for the third.
Yet I managed to do em all for a long time, successfully.
Because I´d been professionally traaaaaained. On tachograph, I haven´t been.

Actually, no, ■■■■ off, I´m not stupid I´m just an intelligence free zone :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about it Steve, the tacho, you learn by doing. It’s the only way. I’m still learning now. If you get a vehicle with a stoneridge, it’s right back to square one. Take your time and it will all come together. Keep posting on here, you are helping others :sunglasses:

Cheers Jbaz, I´ll get there.
Clocked on at 6 this morning, card in, drive out of yard.
Card out at 20:15 after being broke down at the side of the road (other work) for 4 hours.
Took a 45 after 4 hours driving, earlier.
Got back to base, El Jefe says “Give me your card” put it in reader, it came up Error.
Card back in wallet, and ■■■■■■ off home. Can´t be arsed, tbh. I been up at 03:30 for the last 3 days with a half mile to walk to and from work, from the train and bus. SO, I really could not give a flying ■■■■ at a rolling doughnut.

Mucho hours (14:15), time and half after 8, day off tomorrow. Livin the life. Heehee, no, really, I´m lovin it :smiley:

kcrussell25:
If your are running straight why not do them? Yes might get away with it on a roadside check but worst case if you are in an accident and they start checking you don’t want creating a false record added to the mix

Hiya KC, it´s not about whether to do them or not, it´s to do with the fact that I don´t know HOW to do them and there is no official, legit, source of information on HOW to work these effin things. None that I´ve found anyway. If you have a source…share it. :slight_smile:
We are expected to comply with these laws, infractions could cost us money and/or pòints. As a noob just coming in to the industry I find it absolutely incredible that there is no system in place that will teach you how to operate these machines that will govern your working life!

Not “Whether to” More like " How to"

Just keep going mate, it will become clear.

I watched trg23s vids and just noted down the steps. Once you’ve done it a few times, it becomes second nature. Us older drivers find it more difficult to adjust to new tech! :blush: like I said before though, nowadays I don’t bother, it’s click click drive

steviespain:
. None that I´ve found anyway. If you have a source…share it. :slight_smile:

Have a look here: https://www.tachomaster.co.uk/documentation/

There is also some useful information and an online simulator to practice on here: https://www.stoneridgeelectronics.com/support-training