Tacho is saying I've got another reduced rest

Stoneridge tacho, normally when I’ve already used 3 reduced rests it will then say I’ve got so much driver time until an 11.

I know I’ve definitely had 3 reduced this week but it’s currently saying 4h19 until a 9… Why■■?

I could really do with the extra 2 hours today as well. What am I missing??

Monday I did 0300 to 1800 with a 3 hours rest during the shift
Tuesday - 0430 to 1830
Wednesday - 0730 to 2000
Thursday 0530 to 1730
Friday - started at 0330

Tacho telling me I’ve got another 9, normally says 11 after 3 reduced…am I missing the obvious? Or am I right and tacho is wrong?

If your 3 hours rest on Monday was in one unbroken period then your tacho is correct as you’ve had 1x split break and 2x reduced breaks, so you’re good to go.

It was unbroken but why do I think I’ve had 3 reduced already then?

Tuesday night was a 10 hour rest,
Wednesday was 9and a half, last night was 10. So I don’t see what I’m missing?

I’m going to feel so stupid if someone points out the obvious here!

Sorry, didn’t read your rest times as I was mistakenly only looking at shift length time. It would appear that you have in fact reduced your rest three times this week.

Rowley010:

Tuesday wasn’t a reduced rest. 18:30 to 07:30 is 13 hours

It’s not just me then. I’ll go with my calculations rather than what the tacho says then. It normally says 11 though rather than 9 after 3 reduced!

m1cks:

Rowley010:

Tuesday wasn’t a reduced rest. 18:30 to 07:30 is 15 hours

Should’ve edited your post once more m1cks. That’s 13 hours mate. :smiley:

I started at 0430 though so I didn’t get 11 hours in by the time the 24 hour period was up

Rowley010:
Monday I did 0300 to 1800 with a 3 hours rest during the shift = SPLIT DAILY REST = REGULAR
Tuesday - 0430 to 1830 = 14 HOUR SHIFT = REDUCED
Wednesday - 0730 to 2000
2000 TO 0530 = 9.5 HOURS OFF = REDUCED
Thursday 0530 to 1730
1730 TO 0330 = 10 HOURS OFF = REDUCED
Friday - started at 0330 = MUST START REST BY 1630

Tacho telling me I’ve got another 9, normally says 11 after 3 reduced…am I missing the obvious? Or am I right and tacho is wrong?

SEEMS TO ME YOU ARE RIGHT

ASSUME THE 3 HOURS OFF DURING SHIFT ON MONDAY WAS DONE IN ONE GO :question:

Thanks rog

the maoster:

m1cks:

Rowley010:

Tuesday wasn’t a reduced rest. 18:30 to 07:30 is 15 hours

Should’ve edited your post once more m1cks. That’s 13 hours mate. :smiley:

I originally put 13 then went back and changed it :facepalm:
I blame it on being up all night watching the referendum results and then posting on TNET after 3 hours sleep.

Still, does anyone know why the tacho would be telling me I’ve still got a 9? Is it one of those daft things like when it sees POA as a suffieceint driving break. It’s seen my 13 hour rest the other night as suffieceint full daily rest even though it was reduced because I worked 14 hours?

I don’t understand that though because like I say, every other week when I reduce 3 times it tells me when I need to take an 11 off. It makes no sense that it would now think I’ve got another 9. Even though ROG has spoken in still convinced I’m missing something!! Ha

Maybe the tacho has done what I have and just looked at your period of time between shifts and not the 24 hour period as a whole?

I’d like to think it’s been programmed better than that but yes, could well be!

Surely if it’s got split breaks programmed into it then it must have the 24 period programmed in!

Rowley010:
Surely if it’s got split breaks programmed into it then it must have the 24 period programmed in!

It does. I’m going to go out on a limb here, and say you’ve forgotten about a 3 hour break somewhere in your week :wink:

But if what you have put in your time sheet post is true, then you are correct!

Rowley010:
Still, does anyone know why the tacho would be telling me I’ve still got a 9? Is it one of those daft things like when it sees POA as a suffieceint driving break. It’s seen my 13 hour rest the other night as suffieceint full daily rest even though it was reduced because I worked 14 hours?

I don’t understand that though because like I say, every other week when I reduce 3 times it tells me when I need to take an 11 off. It makes no sense that it would now think I’ve got another 9. Even though ROG has spoken in still convinced I’m missing something!! Ha

It’s the tacho at fault, it’s a fault with stineridge. You had over 11 hours off on Monday, the tacho hasn’t taken into account that you worked over 13 hours though, so thinks you have another reducer. You’re right, although if the equipment is going to give info like that, surely it should be bloody right!

Just seen in one of your other posts, you regularly use POA, have you had a 3 hour chunk of that one either Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday?