tacho infringements

dont normally get any :smiley: but got two yesterday :cry:

s.d.p 17.15 , finish 6.44 , total duty time of 13 hrs 29 mins
infringement for driving in excess of the 10 hrs max limit, hrs driven 17.5 hrs :unamused: who checks these, how can you drive for 17.5 hrs , when youve only worked 13 hrs :unamused:

2nd one , finished duty period at 6,44, started duty period at 15.40
infringement for only having 8hrs 56 mins rest when min 9hrs
i always write start , finish and breaks on back of tacho
prev days tacho shows 6.44 finish[ same as them] but ive put start time on next tacho as 15.45 [ 9 hrs 1 min], my log book says the same, my timesheet says the same.
so by looking at your tacho how can you tell to the min when you started, ive looked and can see within about 10 mins , but not to the min[4], is there a way to do this, or do you just have to accept in case 2 there right thanks

photo copy tach to larger size and also ask for explanation re start and finish time on infringment sheet. if no luck do what most do and file them in the bin

never thought of copying to larger size, thanks mate ill try it may work :smiley:

1 : If your company has the cards analysed the software was probably just having a blond moment, should be checked visually though I would have thought.
2 : I suppose it depends on your company regulations but legally I think you’ll find it’s the time written on the card that counts, I’m alway at work for about 30 minutes or more before my card goes into the tacho, and at the end of the shift the card comes out of the tacho about 30 minutes before I finish work, I write the start and finish times on the front of the card with lines at the appropriate places so there’s no chance of it being missed, and It’s never been questioned. in fact that’s the way we’ve been told to do it.

Because your daily rest period was under the minimum, the tacho analysis software will add the two driving periods together thus giving you 17.5 hours driving :wink: :wink:

Did you have differnt vehcles from one day to the next, as the clocks maybe out of sync :bulb: :bulb: :wink: :grimacing:

ady1:
dont normally get any :smiley: but got two yesterday :cry:

s.d.p 17.15 , finish 6.44 , total duty time of 13 hrs 29 mins
infringement for driving in excess of the 10 hrs max limit, hrs driven 17.5 hrs :unamused: who checks these, how can you drive for 17.5 hrs , when youve only worked 13 hrs :unamused:

2nd one , finished duty period at 6,44, started duty period at 15.40
infringement for only having 8hrs 56 mins rest when min 9hrs
i always write start , finish and breaks on back of tacho
prev days tacho shows 6.44 finish[ same as them] but ive put start time on next tacho as 15.45 [ 9 hrs 1 min], my log book says the same, my timesheet says the same.
so by looking at your tacho how can you tell to the min when you started, ive looked and can see within about 10 mins , but not to the min[4], is there a way to do this, or do you just have to accept in case 2 there right thanks

Simple, the two offences are connected. Insufficient daily rest means that every thing from the two days is added together. There is no problem with the analysis software or anything else.

Here is a little exercise for you.

1.Take a handful of discs out of your box/pack.
2.Ensure that the egg shaped cut-outs in the centre of the discs are all exactly in line.
3.Holding the discs in one hand, flip through them at an (any) hour mark.

You will notice that the hour mark moving around quite a lot, up to 15 minutes.

You can buy a disc analyser in the shop at most big truckstops… They are stupidly expensive for what they are (a printed plastic disc with a moveable pointer) but very useful for checking exactly what you have done.