Tacho infringements-Help

Can anybody tell what the following infringements mean?

1. Work period Exceeded-this is usually after 6 hours mixed driving/other work/POA

2. Insufficient break- but not driving hours…is this WTD break?

3. Insufficient daily rest infringement even though i only worked an 8 hour shift-can i get this by wrong tacho entry?

#1, you already answered it. :slight_smile:
#2, if its not driving hours, must be WTD break. Must be atleast 15 after 6 hours of other work to satisfy WTD.
#3, you must have left the VU on ‘other work’ all night, dont worry about it, everyone does it sometimes.

Come on this is basic stuff surely .

bald bloke:

all questions are easy when you know the answer :unamused:

bald bloke:

Could be his once couple of weeks on tacho…

Ok I’ll take it all back :blush:

Poor manual input?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80503&p=1085567&hilit=Banquo#p1085567

I think you may do well to have a serious read of the various regs that we have to operate under and familiarise yourself with the operation of the digital tacho’s that you encounter. The meaning in list you make in your original post are pretty clear to me but less clear is the why.

#1 Is this infringement at the front or back end of the day? I’ve had infrigements at the back of the day because, in spite of having a 45 break, I worked 6hours 3 minutes to book off time. To stop and have a 15 min break would have taken me over 15 hours attended so damned either way. :unamused:

#2 Has to be WTD. Have you accurately recorded the work/rest/POA on your mode switch?

#3 Card left in head, incorrect manual input, paper print out with written entry lost by company? Had this before but my copy (to be held for 28 days) backed me up.

Understand & correct the cause, not the symptom, and all these problems will go away.

Banquo:
Can anybody tell what the following infringements mean?

1. Work period Exceeded-this is usually after 6 hours mixed driving/other work/POA

2. Insufficient break- but not driving hours…is this WTD break?

3. Insufficient daily rest infringement even though i only worked an 8 hour shift-can i get this by wrong tacho entry?

If you are using a new vehicle with the latest tachograph version 1.4 I believe it’s called you have to enter you’re daily rest by taking the time and date back to the end of your last shift put the symbol to bed and then wind forward to your current start time not forgetting any manual entries for work done before or after you inserted your card.

I have twice made a B******* of it, 1 daily rest period showed 12 hours of P.O.A and another of 11 and three quarters of other work, someone will come along shortly and post a link. :confused: :confused:

who gave you these infingements?
it appears that they havn’t got a clue what they are talking about, otherwise they’d have given a thorough explanation.
i hope you havn’t signed anything.

limeyphil:
who gave you these infingements?
it appears that they havn’t got a clue what they are talking about, otherwise they’d have given a thorough explanation.
i hope you havn’t signed anything.

I agree, when you’re given an infringement the reason for it is supposed to be explained to you so that you understand and can avoid making the same mistake again.

Proof that DCPC is needed in some form or other

skids:

How is the fact that a TM has failed to fulfil his obligations proof that the driver CPC is either a good or bad thing :confused:

tachograph:

skids:

How is the fact that a TM has failed to fulfil his obligations proof that the driver CPC is either a good or bad thing :confused:

Because the OP had to ask the questions in the first place, as somebody else said straight away, this is very basic stuff.

Regarding this new version of the software. What happens when you end your shift on Monday night, drive on analogue Tuesday and then back to digital on Wednesday. Do you end up having to tell it you were on break all day and hope that it becomes clear when the card is compared alongside the analogue charts?

skids:

i can’t see any reason for this.
i’ve been fined 3 times for alleged offences, and each time they have been wrong.
once was the police for not taking sufficient daily rest. he didn’t understand ferry movements.
and another was for insufficient weekly rest by vosa. i finished on a saturday after 6 days, but started on sunday. so he was adamant that i’d worked 7 days. i’d had over 24 hours off between the saturday and sunday.
the other was also a very minor vosa thing, but i can’t remember exactly what.

i was in the right on each occasion, but i havn’t done a dcpc. but i’m sure the police and vosa had attended many courses.

Thank you for all your answers , i will go into detail as to how the infringements came about.
My normal week is on a digital tacho that always defaults to rest instead of other work so i never have to worry about it.

Occasionally i do agency work on Saturdays (with my employer’s permission). Last week i was called in the office to be shown a list of infringements from the Saturday work , everyone (work period Exceeded) seemed to come after 6 hours combined driving/other work so i presume it’s a working time infringement.

Two others on the same day were Insufficient break and insufficient daily rest timed at 21.15 and 23.59 even though i was on an early shift and finished at 1400 and had the next day rest.

Thinking back i did use the new updated siemans tacho in that particular day.

Assuming the majority of the infringements are working time is the solution just to input break every time i do a drop? Just to cover myself?
Many thanks banquo

Banquo:
Assuming the majority of the infringements are working time is the solution just to input break every time i do a drop? Just to cover myself?

The solution is to put the tachograph on the correct mode for whatever you’re doing, if you’re working put it on other work if your on break or rest put it on rest.

limeyphil:

skids:

i’ve been fined 3 times for alleged offences, and each time they have been wrong.
once was the police for not taking sufficient daily rest. he didn’t understand ferry movements.
and another was for insufficient weekly rest by vosa. i finished on a saturday after 6 days, but started on sunday. so he was adamant that i’d worked 7 days. i’d had over 24 hours off between the saturday and sunday.

i was in the right on each occasion, but i havn’t done a dcpc. but i’m sure the police and vosa had attended many courses.

So what do we do then? You can’t have a DCPC course for some and not for others based on the fact they already know everything. I have done the full DCPC and dont think that I needed it but it was clear that some on the course most definately did need it.

skids:

limeyphil:

skids:

So what do we do then? You can’t have a DCPC course for some and not for others based on the fact they already know everything. I have done the full DCPC and dont think that I needed it but it was clear that some on the course most definately did need it.

just because the office, vosa, or the police say you are in the wrong dosn’t mean you are. it’s usually they who need educating. the drivers don’t need the dcpc, we deal with tachographs every day.
the majority of hgv drivers just sign the bit of paper from the office, they are also the ones that pay the fines to the police, and vosa. they do this without question for some strange reason.
they would probably pay up for a bald tyre, when they’d just got a full set of michelins fitted.

Banquo:
Thank you for all your answers , i will go into detail as to how the infringements came about.
My normal week is on a digital tacho that always defaults to rest instead of other work so i never have to worry about it.

So you break the law by having it show rest when in fact it should be on other work or PoA unless you’re actually having a break?

No because you’re breaking the law by making a false entry.