Tacho Infringement

Had a infringement come through last night first one in donkeys. Anyway looking at the data they gave me it said that had insuffiecent break which i couldnt recall as it was only 2 nights ago.

That night i was waiting for a truck at my shift time started at 1537 (dont ask about the times or we be here all night) and managed to get one and my card went in at 1645. After a manual entry back inc putting in a 20min break to cover the WTD 6 hour i carried on me checks and grabbed me trailer to Dartford. After a drop and swap at Dartford checked me trailer over and clocked 35min break. While on break it clearly showed in the top right (siemans tacho) that i had already had 20min. So after a 35min i cracked on back which cleared my driving time and got back without anymore breaks. Simple night really

Any reason why this would flag up■■?

Yeah because you hadn’t done any driving before your first 20 min break that you done a manual entry for.

So you’ve only had a 35 minute break.

In one.

FarnboroughBoy11:
Yeah because you hadn’t done any driving before your first 20 min break that you done a manual entry for.

So is it a infringement still. Cant understand it :blush:

TruckerJoe:

FarnboroughBoy11:

So is it a infringement still. Cant understand it :blush:

Because the wheels didn’t move in the truck :wink:

So the 35min break count as the 1st 30min. If your wheels turned for 2 min and then you had 20min break it would be legal as your 20min break for WTD was taken outside the truck it not counted towards the driving breaks hence a infringement :astonished:

Cheers for that. Just had me a puzzled :slight_smile:

leo.saphira:
So the 35min break count as the 1st 30min.

It counted as the first 15 min of a split 45 driving break … 15 then 30
As said - breaks for driving must interupt the driving so a reak before starting driving does not do that

RTD break rule was probably broken as well IF any period of more than 6 hours drive/work was done without a 15 min break

FarnboroughBoy11:

+1

had the same infringement last month. it showed me doing 6hrs 30mins of driving. I did a manual entry for a 16 minute break and had a 30minute break on the road, but should have taken a 45 instead

Always a learning curve. Apreciate all the answers and thats a little more to the memory bank :smiley:

TruckerJoe:
Always a learning curve. Apreciate all the answers and thats a little more to the memory bank :smiley:

All you need do is have 1 minute of driving showing up on the tacho and you can then take a break that’ll go towards your 45 min driving break.

bald bloke:

TruckerJoe:

All you need do is have 1 minute of driving showing up on the tacho and you can then take a break that’ll go towards your 45 min driving break.

Of course you would need a truck to start in. The problem is that he had to hang around waiting for a truck. The only solution to that would be to drive a spare truck round the yard, and then put it on break.

Santa:

bald bloke:

TruckerJoe:

Of course you would need a truck to start in. The problem is that he had to hang around waiting for a truck. The only solution to that would be to drive a spare truck round the yard, and then put it on break.

I was working on the basis that you had a wagon but no load, just a sneaky way to save a bit of time later on. :wink:

ROG:

leo.saphira:
So the 35min break count as the 1st 30min.

As said - breaks for driving must interupt the driving so a Break before starting driving does not do that

Ahh, My buddy was right about life

“You learn something new everyday”

Thanks “Rog” & " bald bloke" + " mickyblue "

de 2xQ

Trucker joe, I must be due a infringement soon too then as I do the same as you when waiting for keys. Although doing the store deliveries I rarely knock up 4.30 mins driving so may get away with it.
This waiting for keys business is getting seriously boring now too. Every morning!

Mark22_2:
Trucker joe, I must be due a infringement soon too then as I do the same as you when waiting for keys. Although doing the store deliveries I rarely knock up 4.30 mins driving so may get away with it.
This waiting for keys business is getting seriously boring now too. Every morning!

If you never get to 4.5 hours driving time in a shift then you just have the RTD breaks to contend with if your company is hot on those

double post :blush: