Tacho Infringement - "unknown time"

Evening,

Can anyone shed any light on this infringement please? Two different drivers, same vehicle, a number of times.

“Please note: unknown time of xxxx minutes. If tachograph used conforms to regulation (EU)1266 then very serious infringement as no manual entry made as required by regulation (EU)2014, Article 34;para.3b”

Thanks all :slight_smile:

How long are the time intervals and when
Looks like you’ve got some detective work and rear kicking todo as if that truck gets stopped and downloaded DVSA will be knocking on your door to look at rest of fleet

Sent from my truck

Eu 1266 seems to refer to the post 2010 digital tachos and their ability to stop rounding up all driving (even a second) to a minute.
Suggest you enter the exact fault code in your preferred search engine.

blue estate:
How long are the time intervals and when
Looks like you’ve got some detective work and rear kicking todo as if that truck gets stopped and downloaded DVSA will be knocking on your door to look at rest of fleet

Sent from my truck

They vary, i can’t define a pattern. 899 minutes, 920 minutes, 1242 minutes etc. Tacho software doesn’t match with the infringements either - the dates of the infringements show drivers shifts as being nothing out of the ordinary. Baffled! This is new tacho software so either the head unit is wonky or the software is!

Franglais:
Eu 1266 seems to refer to the post 2010 digital tachos and their ability to stop rounding up all driving (even a second) to a minute.
Suggest you enter the exact fault code in your preferred search engine.

There is no fault code, i wish there was. Nothing on the head unit or the infringement print out. Thanks though :slight_smile:

Your drivers are setting the mode as “?” during their Rest periods (900 minutes is 15 hours).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
Your drivers are setting the mode as “?” during their Rest periods (900 minutes is 15 hours).

Spooky, was discussing this very matter today was recounted. Only bit of reversal. A similar infringement wording. Drivers claim they entered rest before a long break. The analysis came up with the infringement but still showed rest during the day time. Two options, driver error as everyone is asking why have the ? symbols they never use it. Secondly, does the software for analysis get triggered when there is a long break rather than a short one. Its still being discussed and solution being sought.

As a secondary query - anyone know why the ? may be used in the UK?

Acorn:

Roymondo:

Spooky, was discussing this very matter today was recounted. Only bit of reversal. A similar infringement wording. Drivers claim they entered rest before a long break. The analysis came up with the infringement but still showed rest during the day time. Two options, driver error as everyone is asking why have the ? symbols they never use it. Secondly, does the software for analysis get triggered when there is a long break rather than a short one. Its still being discussed and solution being sought.

As a secondary query - anyone know why the ? may be used in the UK?

You would use it any time that the activity is recorded somewhere other than on the digicard - e.g. you’d use it if you were driving a mixture of digital (card) and analogue (charts) vehicles, or if you were only doing the driving job “part time” and so keeping written records of your other job.