Tacho Infringement.....or not? Opinions Please!

stevieboy308:

OVLOV JAY:

stevieboy308:

OVLOV JAY:
Another driver getting confused between break and rest

Who the op?

Yes. Schoolboy error not knowing the difference. To have a break from driving, you need to actually drive the thing first.

Whilst you’re right on that, you’re not on the break / rest confusion. He still took a break and it will count for a WTD break

Yes but he didn’t get a wtd infringement, he got a driving one, because he hadn’t had a break from driving :bulb:

bestbooties:
Just to be on the safe side of pernickety t/m’s or VOSA come to that, I always have breaks of at least 16, 31, or 46 minutes.

Massive +1
Also on daily rests I’ll go for 9,hours 2mins or 11 hours 2 mins.

With the 1.4 version of the digital tacho it will record the longest mode in that minute for the whole minute. I.e. 31 seconds driving and 29 seconds work will be recorded as driving for that whole minute.

Oh alright, yes I’ve just done a Tacho dcpc refresher and managed stay awake.

OVLOV JAY:
Yes but he didn’t get a wtd infringement, he got a driving one, because he hadn’t had a break from driving :bulb:

That’s not in dispute :bulb:

You basically said he didn’t know the difference between rest and break, the 15 before any driving is still a break and not rest

stevieboy308:

OVLOV JAY:

That’s not in dispute :bulb:

You basically said he didn’t know the difference between rest and break, the 15 before any driving is still a break and not rest

+1
It was an over sight, as opposed to ignorance, and at the time when he took his break, it showed that 30 mins was required, so he assumed he’d had 15 mins earlier, and a software clich in these Digi Tachos doesn’t distinguish the difference, just recorded 15 mins, the software should be able to determine that it was not a driving break because no driving had taken place. If you come to rely on and trust the software, then this can happen, as what happened to me with the daily rest requirement, and tacho not taking account of the actual daily rest taken after the end of duty, but the daily rest recorded on that 24 hr cycle. Just shows how far this so called tech has yet to move forward :unamused:

Ok I was probably harsh saying he’s confused between break and rest, but the real confusion seems to be between driving and wtd rules. Thankfully I work in an industry that can ignore the bs that is the wtd.