Tacho info

Hi I have a driving test for a firm in the morning, now I have never used my tacho ever! do i go to manual entry ?

sweeper1gg:
Hi I have a driving test for a firm in the morning, now I have never used my tacho ever! do i go to manual entry ?

If all your driving up until now has been on analogue charts, then no, you will not need to manual entry for any previous work/driving, as it will all be recorded on the charts. But to be 100% correct, you will need to make a manual entry to cover the time from when you start “work” and when you put the card in. e.g. If you arrive at the yard at 0700 and spend an hour or so doing licence checks, inductions etc, finally getting into the cab around 0800 then you should choose “Yes” when asked if you want to make a manual entry, and record “Other Work” (crossed hammers) from 0700 until whatever the current time is.

As in first test as a new driver and never used a tacho at all. :wink:

As has been said you will only need to do a manual entry for the time from when you start the interview to when you put the card in.

Good luck with the assessment :wink:

It seems you are getting the breaks already sweeper1gg!!! Didn’t take long for things to look up did it?

Good luck to you!!

It is looking better I will let you know more tomorrow :wink: