tacho hours

When in filling in my time sheets do my worked hours include my breaks, so if the tacho shows 9 hours which includes breaks is that 9 hours total worked that I put in my time sheets. Thanks

Yup, unless your boss says otherwise. Timesheets can be (and are if there’s a problem) matched to your tacho by VOSA - or whatever they’re called nowadays…

ytre:
When in filling in my time sheets do my worked hours include my breaks, so if the tacho shows 9 hours which includes breaks is that 9 hours total worked that I put in my time sheets. Thanks

Your time sheets for pay should include everything from start to end of duty then depending on your employment contract you might also need to deduct break times to give a total for each shift

If for the RTD then do not include any break or POA times

ytre:

You need to ask your employer or another driver where you work (preferably your employer/supervisor), if you have to put start and finish times they should match your tachograph records but worked hours could mean with or without breaks if the time-sheet is used by the wages office.

thanks guys, do I need to keep my sheets in the lorry for vosa to check or can they stay back in the office?

ytre:
thanks guys, do I need to keep my sheets in the lorry for vosa to check or can they stay back in the office?

You don’t need to carry time-sheets in the lorry, VOSA won’t/can’t ask for them at the road-side.

If VOSA wanted to check your time-sheets they would ask the company to supply them not you, but in reality they wouldn’t want to check your time-sheets unless they had reason to think you were not complying with the regulations on a regular basis.

ytre:

You don’t work for VOSA - do you?

As already said you dont need to keep your time sheet in your cab VOSA will only be interested in your tacho’s.
Most time sheets I used to do was start finish time how many hours worked less break and how long I had break for.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Thank you all and no macci I don’t work for vosa, wish I did though, looks a handy number and bet there on more money than me :smiley: