Tacho help

Started Monday 0504 on daily rest at 1854. ( left card in over night as I don’t hop) off rest at 0424. Now my current daily driving time hasn’t reset and is running on from yesterday. Any clues?

dodgey technology. a while ago i put my card in and closed the previous day then opened up for the current day and it hadnt reset my driving time. printout and explanation to cover myself then got on with the job. i know i definately recorded rest and remember changing it to crossed hammers from the start of the shift until the point where i put my card in but it still glitched :unamused:

scanny77:
dodgey technology. a while ago i put my card in and closed the previous day then opened up for the current day and it hadnt reset my driving time. printout and explanation to cover myself then got on with the job. i know i definately recorded rest and remember changing it to crossed hammers from the start of the shift until the point where i put my card in but it still glitched :unamused:

Well iv done a print out for yesterday and it shows break up till midnight and a print out today and it shows break until 0424. So god knows what’s going on. Bloody annoying tho.

you must have left it on other work instead of rest.
You should leave it in 24/7 whenever possible, It shows an unbroken continuous record, No one can accuse you of moonlighting.

it happened to me a few years ago with an ASDA truck too. did a manual entry at the start of the shift as usual and went out on a reasonably local run about an hour and half away. not even half way back it started flashing for a tacho break. these things have been flawed since they were at the design stage but politicians wanted them and we have to put up with the problems

Youngy:

scanny77:

Well iv done a print out for yesterday and it shows break up till midnight and a print out today and it shows break until 0424. So god knows what’s going on. Bloody annoying tho.

The tacho runs midnight to midnight, so that’s correct. But you only had 8.5 hours rest instead of 9.

limeyphil:

Youngy:

scanny77:

The tacho runs midnight to midnight, so that’s correct. But you only had 8.5 hours rest instead of 9.

How the diffrence between 1854 and 0424 is 9.5 hours. Iv been informed that apparently it only resets your daily driving time if you have 11 off.

Handy tip: if like me your bad at math :slight_smile:

Eject your tacho card, and put the head unit on the [REST] (bed symbol)

Then if your half awake ( like me )
All you have to do is flick down the display,
and the cleaver tachno-head will tell you how long its been counting [REST]

( note:
some of the head-units only update the display at 1 minute intivuals
or wont display at all unless the igition is switched on )

If you have a traditional clock or watch (i.e one with HANDS on it !!)
working out when 9 or 11 hours will pass is easy.

9hrs: = Little hand, 9/12th’s of a rotation
11hr’s = Little hand, 1 whole rotation, minus 1/12 of a rotation

With the Big-Hand, a little past were it started, and your sorted :laughing:

Once enought time has passed, All you got to do is find your card & incert it :unamused:

enjoy… de Jon