Tacho help

I work in a car dealership collecting cars and in the workshops. Question is I pull the truck out first thing but I might not then move a wheel till after dinner. what do I put tacho on. I’m guessing other work. But do I have to go to the truck and put it on break. When i have my breaks. Or do I remove my card after I move the truck out in the morning and place back when using.

Kit:
I work in a car dealership collecting cars and in the workshops. Question is I pull the truck out first thing but I might not then move a wheel till after dinner. what do I put tacho on. I’m guessing other work. But do I have to go to the truck and put it on break. When i have my breaks. Or do I remove my card after I move the truck out in the morning and place back when using.

If you’re confident that no-one else will move the vehicle you could leave the card in the tachograph, leave it on other work and change it to break when you have your breaks.

If you take the card out just do a manual entry to cover the work and breaks when you put the card back in.

Keys are in my pocket all day. Can I manual enter break if I forget to but my break on?.

Kit:
Keys are in my pocket all day. Can I manual enter break if I forget to but my break on?.

Not if you leave it on other work, once other work is recorded it can’t be changed I’m afraid.

Having said that if you forget to change the mode switch you could do a manual entry for a break at some time before you want to move the vehicle, no-ones really going to bother much if the times are wrong once in a while, especially if you don’t tell them :wink:

Or if you don’t remember until you need to drive the vehicle, just do a printout and write a manual entry on the back explaining that you forgot to change the mode switch.

as :unamused: said :smiley:

Would it be easier just to put the tacho in only when going out and not do it for the internal morning movement ?

after moving it in the morning i would take the tacho out and then when moving it later on insert it and put a manual entry in as then there is less chance of forgetting to change mode switch etc…