Tacho help

Good evening

So started work tonight an the head was flashing up time for weekly rest, I know rest has to be paid back by the 3rd week this is what I’ve worked could someone help an let me know where it’s gone wrong

Week 1 Sunday night till Saturday morning card out at 02.00 Saturday morning
Week 2 Sunday night till Saturday morning 01.30
Week 3 Sunday night last night worked but today flashed up saying weekly rest

Start work at 17.30 every night,and had a short night where I finished at 23.30 an didn’t start till 17.30 following morning does that count as any rest I’ve missed or just daily? I’ve told work that I can’t work as you can imagine not best impressed

Bulldog1986:
Good evening

So started work tonight an the head was flashing up time for weekly rest, I know rest has to be paid back by the 3rd week this is what I’ve worked could someone help an let me know where it’s gone wrong

Week 1 Sunday night till Saturday morning card out at 02.00 Saturday morning
Week 2 Sunday night till Saturday morning 01.30
Week 3 Sunday night last night worked but today flashed up saying weekly rest

Start work at 17.30 every night,and had a short night where I finished at 23.30 an didn’t start till 17.30 following morning does that count as any rest I’ve missed or just daily? I’ve told work that I can’t work as you can imagine not best impressed

There’s nowhere near enough information there for anyone to help. You need to post precise times.

Are you sure you haven’t put a manual entry in wrong?

A.

Short shift does not count as weekly rest as it is not at least 24 hours but is 18 hours so 9 hours can be used as payback

Lets see if I have this correct …

Week 1 weekly rest from sat 0200 to sun 1730 = 39.5 hours reduced weekly rest
Week 2 weekly rest from sat 0130 to sun 1730 = 40 hours reduced weekly rest
Week 3 weekly rest from sat 0200 to sun 1730 = 39.5 hours reduced weekly rest

If that is the case then where is the regular 45 weekly rest :question:

Perhaps that is what the tacho is telling you

Seconded. Three consecutive weeks without a 45, not happening. Best you can do is 45, reduced, reduced, 45 so no more than two reduced with a 45 the week before the first reduced and the week after the second.

Work may not be impressed but as they’ve scheduled your work they should have known that you’d not taken sufficient weekly rest so not given you the run. You might want to point out their legal duty as an operator that it is their responsibility to ensure that all work is scheduled to keep you legal.

Conor:
Seconded. Three consecutive weeks without a 45, not happening. Best you can do is 45, reduced, reduced, 45 so no more than two reduced with a 45 the week before the first reduced and the week after the second.

Work may not be impressed but as they’ve scheduled your work they should have known that you’d not taken sufficient weekly rest so not given you the run. You might want to point out their legal duty as an operator that it is their responsibility to ensure that all work is scheduled to keep you legal.

Is that right? Can you reduce on 2 consecutive weeks?

Rowley010:

Conor:

Yes, provided you have a full rest period in every other fixed week, e.g. at the beginning of week 1 and the end of week 3 then you can have reduced rests at both ends of week 2.

Harry Monk:

Rowley010:

Yes, provided you have a full rest period in every other fixed week, e.g. at the beginning of week 1 and the end of week 3 then you can have reduced rests at both ends of week 2.

And if you go on the gov.uk page for tacho rules it even gives an example of two back to back reduced weeklies exactly as you’ve described.