Tacho... HELP!!

Hi Guys…

Started a new job driving a 12tonne skip lorry… yeah i know before you say anything i need to be shot!! Been sent down some very confined spaces :frowning: but great experience!

Quick tacho question…

I put my card in at 6.00… pop it on cross hammers for my walk around check for 15mins… well 16mins so the minute counts.

I work 9 Hours a day. Am i right in saying i have to take a break just before 12? Or if i have 20mins on POA throughout the day it can be extended to 12.20?

Regards.

Dan

Depends how much driving you do.

Assuming you don’t reach 4.5 hours driving time before then, you’ll need to take at least a 15 minute break before 12:00. And yes, if you have any POA it will delay the need to take a break. The working time clock stops counting while on POA.

I have a 45min break before 12. Im driving all the time except for jumping out loading and unloading skips…

I do 9 - 10 skips a day… so say 15mins loading and unloading per skip.

Leave the yard at about 6.20.

Danstoneman24:
I have a 45min break before 12. Im driving all the time except for jumping out loading and unloading skips…

I do 9 - 10 skips a day… so say 15mins loading and unloading per skip.

Leave the yard at about 6.20.

If you’re starting at 06:00 and finish around 15:00 the 45 minute driving break is enough to comply with the working time break rules for the entire shift.

As long as you don’t do more than 6 hours working time after the 45 minute break you’re good to go.

Danstoneman24:
Or if i have 20mins on POA throughout the day it can be extended to 12.20?

If you have 20 minutes on POA before the break it can be extended to 12:20.

There is no 15 minute rule for vehicle safety checks

ROG:
There is no 15 minute rule for vehicle safety checks

A lot of companies now insist on it and check as part of their tachograph analysis.