TOONBOY100:
Hi All

My Agency has requested my tachos for the last 28days
not a problem. However they insist on originals ive said no
you can have copies, but they insist on having the originals
im not playing, what would happen if i got stopped by vosa

thanks in anticipation

Stan

Under no circumstances should you allow the agency to keep your charts for the last 28 days, if you get stopped and don’t have them you are in the [zb].

They are asking you to do something that is illegal so tell them to sod off :wink:

edit:
The consequences of failing to produce records if stopped are a possible £200 fixed penalty and you could also get parked up.

To add to what Tachograph has already posted, you shouldn’t be giving the agency your original charts at all, even after the 28 days. The driver must return the charts to the transport organisation under whose orders you were subject to in driving the vehicle and that is not the agency.

Cheers Buddies

Thats just what i needed to know
i appreciate your knowledge and thank you for sharing it
great to know im amongst friends

Thanks

Stan

TOONBOY100:
Cheers Buddies

Thats just what i needed to know
i appreciate your knowledge and thank you for sharing it
great to know im amongst friends

Thanks

Stan

If you mean discs, you need to keep them and ask them for a stamped envelope addressed to the operator to send in after the 28 days is up, ask them for 28 envelopes and post one tachograph per day if you like.

If it is digital tell the agency you want paying to drive your car to the operators premises to download your digital card

Its the law, honestly it is :exclamation:

Handing the post 28 day tachos to agency is ok if they pass them on —and is easier if you’ve work for several firms in a week.
Ask the agency to put in writing the request for the pre 28 day tachos.

driver2012:
Ask the agency to put in writing the request for the pre 28 day tachos.

Getting it in writing may make the agency look stupid but it won’t make it legal to hand them the charts they’ve asked for :wink:

As i do work for 2/3 agencys if i use a chart type tacho i fax them (agency) a copy with my hours at the end of the week.

For whatever company i drive for if using a chart when i finish in the evening i also give them a copy when they sign my hours.

I keep all the orginals have never been asked for them.

It very rare for the company i do the work for to download my card when i use digi so how do they manage with missing miles?

nedflanders:
As i do work for 2/3 agencys if i use a chart type tacho i fax them (agency) a copy with my hours at the end of the week.

For whatever company i drive for if using a chart when i finish in the evening i also give them a copy when they sign my hours.

I keep all the orginals have never been asked for them.

Presumably you mean you keep the charts for the required 28 days then give them to the transport company, or at the very least give them to the agency ?

To keep them permanently would be an offence :wink:

nedflanders:
It very rare for the company i do the work for to download my card when i use digi so how do they manage with missing miles?

It would be a good idea to offer the card for download, as long as you make the card available for them to download it’s their problem if they choose not to download the data.