Tacho head said overspeed

As title yesterday I came down bluebell Hill and noticed on the m20 the tacho warning lamp was on when I looked it said >>overspeed 30. I couldn’t get it to clear the message would disappear but the lamp didn’t go out and after 30 secs or so the message would come back. When I got to clacket Lane I pulled in and the message disappeared along with the lamp going out once I had parked up.

Do I now need to be hung drawn and quartered for being a nasty truck driver or is it something else.

Does it if you exceed 92-93KPH or so for over 30 seconds even if you’re under UK speed limit of 60MPH/96KPH.

Press OK on tacho head to clear it. If you don’t clear it after a while it clears off the tacho display but will come back every minute or so and flash up the same message, again press OK to clear. The tacho warning light on the dash will stay on til you clear it.

Some companies go mental about it but it’s not an infringement in the UK however as far as I know it can be on the continent. The way I see it the more overspeeds you get the less diesel you’re using as you can only get them on over-run going downhill.

On my DAF the overspeed will come on for 91kph or more, after 60 seconds.
Dropping speed to 90 for a couple of seconds, before 60sec avoids the trigger.
If triggered, when speed is 90 or below “overspeeding” will ontinue to flash on head unit until OK button is pushed. This is the only(?) input you can make on tacho when moving.
It will be recorded on both driver card and vehicle memory.
By itself not much of an issue in my experience.
However a roadside check may be influenced if it shows a driver to be a frequent flyer".

Franglais:
If triggered, when speed is 90 or below “overspeeding” will ontinue to flash on head unit until OK button is pushed. This is the only(?) input you can make on tacho when moving.
However a roadside check may be influenced if it shows a driver to be a frequent flyer".

I think a blind eye is turned by the authorities for overspeeds in a DAF as they realise you need all the assistance you can get to go from A to B :smiley:

Just press the ok. Button on.tacho will send it off.
I get it when going down hill fully loaded.
Once says over speed just press ok it will disappear.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

I think a blind eye is turned by the authorities for overspeeds in a DAF as they realise you need all the assistance you can get to go from A to B :smiley:

[emoji3]
Cops at Millau peage have no sense of humour regards speed unfortunately

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

[emoji3]
Cops at Millau peage have no sense of humour regards speed unfortunately

Must be related to the ones at Montaban :smiley:

No fluffy kittens are harmed, just crack on,…

Legend has it if you don’t ok it you can over speed all day long and it only registers the first one. But if you ok it, it will register the subsequent one, so ignore is the best policy and crack on

Mazzer2:

Plus the exhaust brake is so pathetic, you either burn out the brakes or overspeed.

Can’t see why anyone worries as long as you’re below 61…ish, but no doubt those without a clue in offices will jump on it. Another stupid “one size fits all” rule from that lot over the channel.

trevHCS:

Mazzer2:

Plus the exhaust brake is so pathetic, you either burn out the brakes or overspeed.

Can’t see why anyone worries as long as you’re below 61…ish, but no doubt those without a clue in offices will jump on it. Another stupid “one size fits all” rule from that lot over the channel.

2007 when digis were coming in I was stopped by VOSA for a routine check on the A52 at Bingham. It was a 3 week old motor and an empty skelly on the back. The man from the ministry rolled his eyes at why plod had waved in an unladen brand new wagon.
So he didnt bother with the wheel tapping and instead took my shiny digi card off to download. I gave him the heads up about all those funny overspeeds that kept flashing up but he just laughed and said they are looking for the ones on constant overspeed. They knew the difference between a downhill blitz and running constantly over 90 kph.
In the UK (and I dont care what Monsewer Plod in France does) you will not be prosecuted for a tempory overspeed.

robthedog:
Legend has it if you don’t ok it you can over speed all day long and it only registers the first one. But if you ok it, it will register the subsequent one, so ignore is the best policy and crack on

This is true. I have tons every day as I let it roll down all the hills. But as said, just ignore it and leave it on the display. Don’t press ‘ok’. You’ll need to clear it to set your tacho to your break mode but the rest of the time just leave it. No-one cares about them anyway except pointy shoes types at places like Waitrose and DHL. Even DVSA don’t care for them.