Tacho head questions

1. How often are companies required too down load the info off of them
    2 . How much info do they store , I’ve had conflicting information , one saying 90 days worth , yet I read 300 + days
    Ta

dozy:

2 . How much info do they store , I’ve had conflicting information , one saying 90 days worth , yet I read 300 + days
    Ta
  1. Your company is legally required to download the data from the VU no later than 90 days from the last download.
    (It used to be 56 days but for some reason it was changed a few months ago)
    2.The VU of a digital tachograph stores at-least 365 days of data.

Downloading the data from the VU is the companies responsibility and there is no comeback on the driver if it’s not done.

I have question for you mr tachograph… Why would a tacho unit not give/flash the 4h15mins warning??

TheNewBoy:
I have question for you mr tachograph… Why would a tacho unit not give/flash the 4h15mins warning??

To be honest I’ve no idea, does it always fail to give the warning or just occasionally ?

tachograph:

TheNewBoy:

To be honest I’ve no idea, does it always fail to give the warning or just occasionally ?

It the first time i have driven the vehicle in ages so don’t know the answer to that, i know looking backwards i should of kept a closer eye on my drive time but i went over by 5 mins which im really ■■■■ off with my self as im normally so carefull

tachograph:

dozy:

Ta
  1. Your company is legally required to download the data from the VU no later than 90 days from the last download.
    (It used to be 56 days but for some reason it was changed a few months ago)
    2.The VU of a digital tachograph stores at-least 365 days of data.

Downloading the data from the VU is the companies responsibility and there is no comeback on the driver if it’s not done.

So it’s at least 365 days , so am I right in thinking when vosa down loaded my tacho head they would of got the previous 365 days of info at least :question: , why after 3 months would they ask for another download :question: what is meant by corrupt data on tacho head .
Nb sorry tacho if it doesn’t make sense , I’m getting second hand info so trying too understand it myself .

dozy:
So it’s at least 365 days , so am I right in thinking when vosa down loaded my tacho head they would of got the previous 365 days of info at least :question:

Yes that’s right.

dozy:
why after 3 months would they ask for another download :question:

Only the DVSA would know the answer to that but maybe they want to know what’s been happening in the past 3 months.
Or maybe it’s taken them 3 months to realise the data from the download is damaged.

dozy:
what is meant by corrupt data on tacho head

I suppose it could be that the data in the VU memory has somehow become corrupted (damaged) or the data was damaged during the download, it’s electronics so it can happen either way.
Of course another way the data could become corrupted is if the VU has been tampered with.

dozy:
Nb sorry tacho if it doesn’t make sense , I’m getting second hand info so trying too understand it myself .

No worries.

Ta

theyre not diging for no reason.the end is nigh.mabey you could end up an ex stobrat supergrass…id head for a quiet spot…Stanley blade your card.spray the truck with wd40,and torch er up.just to be on the safe side… :open_mouth:

tacho prison.jpg