Tacho goes on break rather than other work

Can anyone tell me why my tacho automatically goes on break in the truck I’m driving today rather than other work please ?
The one I drove on Friday went to other work but this one just goes to rest.

Thanks

It’s set like that by the manufacturer…Can be changed at the dealers i believe…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A tachograph can be set to go onto any mode other than driving when the ignition is switched off, most these days seem to be set to default to break/rest, you just have to remember to change the mode to other work when you switch off the ignition.

I had this same question only bout a week ago. The guys above answered and explained to myself that just gotta be aware of what it goes to when you turn off ignition and set to mode required. Takes a little getting used to but I got it now and don’t have any issues with it

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem on 2 of my previous trucks. Both times I defected it and the company sent them to the manufacturer to be corrected. The problem is, is if you forget to change the mode you end up with an infringement for ‘improper use of mode switch’. Now whilst that is a trivial and minor infringement on it’s own, once you have several of the same it creates a problem. Most employers may not bother with it, however mine does and my transport dept want’s to know the inns and outs of a ducks ar5e.

We have MAN rigid s and some set to rest and some don’t which is helpful lol,just a pain to keep remembering,as they are hire trucks we can’t change it.

Funny enough mate the two class 2 rigid I have driven since passing have been man rigids, first one was an 18 tonne tacho worked as I expected 57 plate.
Second was a bigger 28 tonne and that is the one gave me hassle.