Tacho flashing no break

As topic says. My tacho was flashing up NO BREAK. Also so was the vehicle digital display.

Left at 03:00. Drove for 3hrs 23mins. Onto bay, 5mins other work then 34 mins on break. Pulled out and parked up and had another 27mins break then set off. Drove a further 1hr40mins. Got too what the tacho and vehicle thought was 4hrs30mins the tacho head and display going crazy with NO BREAK NO BREAK.

I have print outs to show 34 mins break. 2 mins other work. 1 min drive. 27 mins break.
Any ideas why the warnings. Split breaks 30 then 15 is ok. Good to then drive 4 hrs 30.

If I’m being a complete bifter then I will duly collect my coat and print outs and leave forthwith. :blush:

You been drinking or something? School boy stuff really, that second break should have been 30+ minutes to reset your drive time

merc0447:
You been drinking or something? School boy stuff really, that second break should have been 30+ minutes to reset your drive time

This^^^
the first break you had would have only been counted as a 15!!
Therefore you have only had 42.

■■■■. Here’s me thinkin it was the other way round. 30 then 15. B#####ks.

Where’s ma coat.

As has been said. If you are not taking the full 45m then the second part of the break must be a minimum of 30m even if the first part was 44m.

So much for Driver CPC eh? :unamused:

We all make mistakes I guess just don’t make a habit of it and all will be fine. Its the repeat offenders and real ■■■■ takers that get hammered. I’d just do a print out and write some explanation on the back and keep it 6 months. Atleast if you get a tug you can demonstrate right away where you went wrong.
■■■■■■ protectum. :laughing:

rocketsquadron:
Here’s me thinkin it was the other way round. 30 then 15.

How long have you been doing it like that?

Contraflow:

rocketsquadron:

That could really be the clincher / burning question which would make my post above pale into insignificance :laughing:

Another thing to be aware of is, if you have a 15 while waiting to be loaded, then put it on POA for 46mins while the warehouse chimps complete the job, with the intention of having a 30 at the next place and your POA lasts longer than 45 mins then the total15 break + 45+ of POA appears to reset the tacho reading to 0 BUT you will still have to do your 30 as originally planned. POA is NOT the same as break, been caught out that way :unamused: :blush:

Contraflow:

rocketsquadron:

First time. I just got it round the wrong way. No happen again, learn from mistakes and all that.
Having had my license returned after a 16 year revocation I’m learning each time. It was a hell of a lot different back then as most of you will be aware of. There was no real enforcement. Split breaks were either way.
My mistake and will except whatever comes my way. Have written on print out explaining my error, will hold hands up and move on.

I think the law changed around 2006, while you were having your erm…sabbatical :blush:

:open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

rocketsquadron:

Contraflow:

rocketsquadron:

First time. I just got it round the wrong way. No happen again, learn from mistakes and all that.
Having had my license returned after a 16 year revocation I’m learning each time. It was a hell of a lot different back then as most of you will be aware of. There was no real enforcement. Split breaks were either way.
My mistake and will except whatever comes my way. Have written on print out explaining my error, will hold hands up and move on.

Personally,i think you should be hung,drawn and quartered at the very least.
That"ll teach ya :smiling_imp:

Hang him by his ■■■■■■■■ until he’s dead.

Could always have a stoning.
youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk
“Should be a good one,local boy”

Suedehead:
Could always have a stoning.
youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk
“Should be a good one,local boy”

PMSL.
Jesus jahova. F##k that, am goni running away, take ma coat and print oots with me.
Is that what VOSA/DVSA or what ever dung they’re called noo hand oot as punishment these days.
Am done for.