tacho envelopes

We are all on digi card at work but a new transport manager as started and he is giving us all a tach envelope to put our start and finish times on and reg and name but all the info is on the card for 28 days ? so whats the point
he says its if you get stopped but if i do print out its all on there anyway
I know when you was on paper ones you had to keep them for 28 days but surely on a digi its all on there

Seems ridiculous to me. Like you say, if you get stopped and they went to go through your tacho then they will want print outs. Not some envelope for an analog tacho which you could have written the wrong times on anyway!

You could use the wallet to store your own print-outs in, if you do any for whatever reason, + written records.
and hand the 2nd copy printout to the traffic office :wink:
ie,
eg : you get stuck in queuing traffic and cant make it to a place of safety (layby) or services parking area in time before a break.
You go over driving time slightly for that reason, So : do a print out x 2 for that shift - date/time & sign the back of print outs and brief explanation why went over time/s :- ( stuck in traffic due to incident) departure under section 12 from drivers reg`s .
1 x copy to office on return.
1 x copy store in wallet.

You have evidence record - written attempt at record keeping = happy vosa man you have made the effort … Job done - on your way :wink:

Having your start and finish times on a tachograph chart envelope won’t achieve anything, but if it’s a company rule it’s their money they’re throwing away.

Seems a wast of time and money to me but…

Totally defeats the purpose of going paperless to add paper back into the equation :laughing: your boss must be thick as ■■■■ or have about 10k worth of envolpes left he wants used :laughing:

Company bean counter will soon stop it

Place where I used to work, we had to do a printout everyday and hand them in in an envelope at the end of each week, as well as downloading our cards!

this sort of crap is to justify some ones meaningless job, who also likes to “fix” things that aint broke!

I can understand someone wanting this for administration purposes. it may seem like a pointless exercise to some but it can help as part of a simple admin system to track and store records etc.

I know a few companies do this as part of their effective tachograph administration system

If they want you to do it … why not?