Tacho.driving hours and not driving job

if i work basicly monday to friday just warehouse job.but some saturday do driving job.do i need manual entry in taxo every time then i start drive .or just keep manual in sheet.all about weekly rest,dayly rest.

If you mean Tacho.

Yes, you SHOULD enter all other work as a manual entry and obey the WTD

But, what nobody knows won’t hurt them :wink:

Ok.but if i was working last Saturday.and come to driving jobs next saturday.i need enter what time i start and finish easch day.or ■■?

Andrejs:
Ok.but if i was working last Saturday.and come to driving jobs next saturday.i need enter what time i start and finish easch day.or ■■?

Legally, you MUST record ALL other work, driving or not, so yeah, if you drove last saturday, then did mon - fri in a warehouse, you’d break the law driving this saturday.

BUT, as I said, it all depends on your circumstances. A ‘friend’ once did 5 days on trucks and 2 days on services busses every week for about 6mths because he needed the money, what others don’t know won’t hurt them :wink:

normaly i am keep weekly rest corectly,but no one time not do manual entry.work for different company.but i think better do manual entry

i start monday 2 pm.saturday finish about 4 pm.so full 45 hours rest.

rhaonline.co.uk/operator-com … pages.html

Andrejs:
i start monday 2 pm.saturday finish about 4 pm.so full 45 hours rest.

You’ll be fine until the 17 / 26 week period then, where I doubt you’ll have averaged under 48hrs per week?

But, yeah, do manual entried then

think you for answer.but about 48 hours-i don t worry,becouse monday to friday i work about 36-39 hours.saturday 10-12.some saturday,sunday dont work.

but if buy special log book-ARE THIS FULL LEGALY???OR VOSA don t accept this,if stop me.

In any week when you drive to EU regulations you should keep records for none driving work days of your start and finish times by doing a manual entry on either a printout or chart, on the manual entry you should record your start and finish time, date and your name.

You don’t need to worry about the 48 hour week because the warehouse job comes under the general WTD and you can opt out of that.

Andrejs:
but if buy special log book-ARE THIS FULL LEGALY???OR VOSA don t accept this,if stop me.

As far as I’m aware VOSA don’t expect you to use a log book unless you’re working to domestic rules and an entry in the log book is legally required.

Some cheap tachograph charts would be the easiest way to go in my opinion :wink:

I don’t drive all the time and as a result have gaps in my records, I did use Tacho charts for the days I worked in the office or on site but I find it easier to use the working time directive books, it also means I only need to keep the Tacho records for one year.

I have now made it compulsory for all our drivers to fill them in as we don’t have any other form of recording their working time ie time sheets, and they all tend to have a day here and there when they are not driving which results in gaps in records.

The working time book we use has a week on one page and a duplicate they can tear out and hand into the office for me to file and I find it’s easy and quick. Some books record the daily duty but that’s a real ball ache making it match to your tacho if your days are all over the place, the advantage to the ones we use means you only need to fill in the TOTAL working time, rest and POA.

VOSA will prefer these books to record gaps in records than having a tacho with “no previous days” written on it. It also has the advantage of recording the gaps in the day (manual entries) ie. you started work at 7.30am but didn’t get into your truck till 9.00am

ibson:
The working time book we use has a week on one page and a duplicate they can tear out and hand into the office for me to file and I find it’s easy and quick. Some books record the daily duty but that’s a real ball ache making it match to your tacho if your days are all over the place, the advantage to the ones we use means you only need to fill in the TOTAL working time, rest and POA.

VOSA will prefer these books to record gaps in records than having a tacho with “no previous days” written on it. It also has the advantage of recording the gaps in the day (manual entries) ie. you started work at 7.30am but didn’t get into your truck till 9.00am

If in any week you drive to EU regulations VOSA expect you to do manual entries for none driving work days either on a printout or a chart, a domestic drivers log book is OK if you legally need to complete one anyway.

Page 39 - Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachograph
:
During a week in which the in-scope driving has taken place, any previous work (including out-of-scope
driving since the last weekly rest period), would have to be recorded as “other work” on a tachograph
chart, printout or a manual entry using the manual input facility of a digital tachograph, or a legally
required GB domestic record on a log book

Page 29 - Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachograph
:
Recording other work

Drivers must record all other work and periods of availability — including work for other employers — on all driving and non-driving days within a week where they have undertaken driving that comes within the scope of the EU rules on drivers’ hours since their last weekly rest.
For example, a driver who works in a warehouse on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and wishes to drive a vehicle within the scope of the EU rules on Thursday of the same week must complete records for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

The record must be either:

written manually on a chart;

written manually on a printout from a digital tachograph;

made by using the manual input facility of a digital tachograph; or

for days where a driver has been subject to the domestic drivers’ hours rules and a record is legally
required (see page 27), recorded in a domestic log book.

For the non-driving days, the record may simply show the driver’s name, the date, and the start and finish of the shift. These records must be carried on the vehicle by the driver to be produced to enforcement officers for the relevant period (see individual sections on how to make manual entries).

For the non-driving days, the record may simply show the driver’s name, the date, and the start and finish of the shift. These records must be carried on the vehicle by the driver to be produced to enforcement officers for the relevant period (see individual sections on how to make manual entries).

^^^

This last paragraph is essentially what the books do… and it’s what they carry with them when driving. I did not know they needed to do it on a chart or printout :s and every time they get pulled over, including myself they seem to be happy as I have asked them what they are happy with.

The RHA books we use: “The Road Transport Directive daily record book is to be used by the driver to keep a daily record of his start and finish and total duty time on work. As well as the: Periods of availability, Breaks, and total Working Time.”

Do you think this is adequate?

ibson:
~snip~

Do you think this is not adequate?

It would be adequate for me but I’m not VOSA :wink:

Essentially you’re keeping the records they want, just not in the format they’ve said they have to be kept, I’ve always found VOSA to be al-right myself but every barrel has at-least one bad apple, and I suppose there’s always the chance that one day you’re going to get stopped by the same.

At the end of the day you don’t want something like this going against you on the OCRS (though I’m not sure if it could to be honest), so personally I’d be trying to get clarification in writing off VOSA that they’re happy with the way you’re keeping the records of none driving work days.

Having said that if you’ve been stopped and they’ve been happy with what you’re doing it’s easy to see why you may disagree :wink:

tachograph:

ibson:
~snip~

Do you think this is not adequate?

It would be adequate for me but I’m not VOSA :wink:

Essentially you’re keeping the records they want, just not in the format they’ve said they have to be kept, I’ve always found VOSA to be al-right myself but every barrel has at-least one bad apple, and I suppose there’s always the chance that one day you’re going to get stopped by the same.

At the end of the day you don’t want something like this going against you on the OCRS (though I’m not sure if it could to be honest), so personally I’d be trying to get clarification in writing off VOSA that they’re happy with the way you’re keeping the records of none driving work days.

Having said that if you’ve been stopped and they’ve been happy with what you’re doing it’s easy to see why you may disagree :wink:

I think maybe I will ask for something in writing to secure what they have told me already, they have been fine with us in the past but I don’t want to take a chance of finding that one bad apple.

Thank you for your input.

Francis

stupid rulle.if drver work at warehouse in other company from driving job.he can finish driving for example 8pm saturday,and put 5 pm monday start time at some warehouse job(but he realy start 2 pm at Monday)