Tacho down load reprt

just wondering if the following has happened to anyone else, got my down load report when i started work last night (2100) it shows a infringement of no breaks for date 8/12/12, i find this strange because i finished my shift on the 6/12 at 0700, off allday 6th and 7th jumped into agency truck on the 8th around 0700, noticed the tacho did say break needed,carried out my driving with the break during the day. of course i could be a little liar for the sake of this thread but i know i had my break, so i wonder if some of these down load reports can be wrong.

heliguy10:
just wondering if the following has happened to anyone else, got my down load report when i started work last night (2100) it shows a infringement of no breaks for date 8/12/12, i find this strange because i finished my shift on the 6/12 at 0700, off allday 6th and 7th jumped into agency truck on the 8th around 0700, noticed the tacho did say break needed,carried out my driving with the break during the day. of course i could be a little liar for the sake of this thread but i know i had my break, so i wonder if some of these down load reports can be wrong.

I can only suggest that you do a printout of the day in question and check what’s been recorded on your driver card.

Could the tachos in one of the trucks be showing the wrong time. Just wondering cos something similar was happening to drivers in our place a couple of years back. Turned out that one of the 18t tacho was a full day behind. It was only one guy who ever drove it so he never really noticed. Just on the odd occasion when someone else drove it, they ended up with an infringement.

I had an issue with a brand new MAN.It asked me when I did a manual entry what I had been doing since I finished my previous shift. I thought I’d put break but when I set off it then said that in 75 minutes I’d need a 45.
So clearly I hadn’t.

I had this problem a while ago but it was my error, after a weekend off I put the card in and upon entering my start time I’d somehow managed to put the time between me ending my shift on Friday and the start time on the Monday as ‘other work’ . When I pulled off the 4hr 5min obviously came back into play as to the tacho, I’d not had a break. 10 mins later I got the 4hr 15min driving warning, it was then that I stopped the truck and I printed it out and then wrote on the printout when I realised my mistake. It would be easy to see what I’d done if I’d have got a pull though.

clearly there can be some issues out there with my problem some might be our own fault, im going to be a little bit more carefull from now and if i get this issue again do a print out.unfourtunatly i doubt if i will be returning to the vehicle i had this problem so cant get a print out. put it down to experiance and move on :slight_smile:

heliguy10:
clearly there can be some issues out there with my problem some might be our own fault, im going to be a little bit more carefull from now and if i get this issue again do a print out.unfourtunatly i doubt if i will be returning to the vehicle i had this problem so cant get a print out. put it down to experiance and move on :slight_smile:

As this information is held on your card would it not be possible to get a printout anyway regardless of which vehicle you are in

i think your right mate, ill have a look tomorrow night when i go back in

heliguy10:

You can get a printout from the driver card for the date in question when you put your card into any digital tachograph, it doesn’t have to be the same vehicle.

If you had a 1.4 tacho and fudged the manual entry you could have told it you had worked continuously from when you last removed the card.

we have a similair problem, one of our trucks is used regulair as on-site shunter vehicle. (out of scope)
Many a times it gets moved by people who don’t have a license, so wont have a Digi card.
There is than time on the Tacho called “driving without a card”
You must clear this of before you enter your Digi card, otherwise it gets added on to your card, hence the problem with driving hours etc.
So before you put your card in, check the display if there is any information on, clear that and than enter your card.

You need to put your mode switch onto question mark mode as end of shift when you finished be fore you input start date and start time if its a new type tacho as this will clear your time as finish time no matter who moves vechicle after you otherwise it will carry on recording your details as being on duty even though clearly your at home in bed

The new generation of digi tacos can be funny like that, unless you put it on break before taking the card out then itll show random infringements - guess how i found out :blush::oops::oops:

A couple of friends have had this , used old type digi then a few days later got in a truck with the new type

can i say thanks to all your replies cos i have learnt a few things through this thread :smiley: done a print out for the date in question last night, it clearly shows no break, :blush: :blush: but as said i know i stopped for lunch, so i reckon i either didnt press the mode switch for my break or may be some thing a little quirky with the tacho, :smiling_imp: oh the tacho was a newer version to what i use in my usual truck so maybe it needs to be used in a slightly different way.