Tacho clock question

Mornin all.

Just a quickie.

I’ve always assumed the tacho in my truck is set to UTC as it’s always exactly an hour behind when I set my start time. However, noticed today that the display time on tacho is actually GMT.

Does it switch at some point, or have I been adding an extra hour to my day (and probs quite a few infringements!).

Cheers.

BigStu81:
Mornin all.

Just a quickie.

I’ve always assumed the tacho in my truck is set to UTC as it’s always exactly an hour behind when I set my start time. However, noticed today that the display time on tacho is actually GMT.

Does it switch at some point, or have I been adding an extra hour to my day (and probs quite a few infringements!).

Cheers.

Tachometer is always set to UTC by default, you set it to local time as when you go over the water you set it to the country your in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

colinaki:

BigStu81:
Mornin all.

Just a quickie.

Cheers.

Tachometer is always set to UTC by default, you set it to local time as when you go over the water you set it to the country your in

I never used to alter my clock to euro local time when i went over.Thought it stayed on country your from time.Only ever got pulled once.In the 5yrs i done it.And nothing was said then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Digital tachographs use UTC time to record activities but the time on the display can be set to whatever you want.

The UTC time on a digital tachograph can be changed by one minute each week, so if it was five minutes out it would take you five weeks to put it right.

The time that’s shown on the tachograph display, which is called the local time, can be changed to what ever time you want whenever you want to change it, the time on the tachograph display is purely for the the drivers benefit and has no bearing on what’s recorded on the driver card or VU.

UTC time is used on digital tachographs in all EU countries and is used for all driver and vehicle activity records.

colinaki:

It’s called a tachograph not a tachometer, a tachometer is a speedometer not a tachograph.

All digital tachographs use UTC time and that cannot be changed to local time, you can change the local time on a digital tachograph display but you cannot change what time is used for recording driver/vehicle activities.

tachograph:
Digital tachographs use UTC time to record activities but the time on the display can be set to whatever you want.

The UTC time on a digital tachograph can be changed by one minute each week, so if it was five minutes out it would take you five weeks to put it right.

The time that’s shown on the tachograph display, which is called the local time, can be changed to what ever time you want whenever you want to change it, the time on the tachograph display is purely for the the drivers benefit and has no bearing on what’s recorded on the driver card or VU.

UTC time is used on digital tachographs in all EU countries and is used for all driver and vehicle activity records.

colinaki:

It’s called a tachograph not a tachometer, a tachometer is a speedometer not a tachograph.

All digital tachographs use UTC time and that cannot be changed to local time, you can change the local time on a digital tachograph display but you cannot change what time is used for recording driver/vehicle activities.

Bloody auto correct @#$%%$ you you right, must disable the auto correct #$%%$$

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

colinaki:

tachograph:

colinaki:

Tachograph measures and records time, distance & speed.

Speedometer measures speed.

Odometer measures and records distance.

Tachometer measures engine revolutions.

Hubometer measures and records distance that axle has covered.

Hourmeter records engine or plant running time.

These were questions in the operator CPC I remember about maintenance

Wheel Nut:

colinaki:

tachograph:

colinaki:

Tachograph measures and records time, distance & speed.

Speedometer measures speed.

Odometer measures and records distance.

Tachometer measures engine revolutions.

Hubometer measures and records distance that axle has covered.

Hourmeter records engine or plant running time.

These were questions in the operator CPC I remember about maintenance

We know typo (autocorrect) :slight_smile: :frowning:

Cheers for clearing this up for me guys…