Tacho Charts question Part ii

I know with the latest law change that drivers now need to carry charts around with them for the previous 28 days worked.

The driver that delivers my trailers from there inspections is also a mechanic, he was pulled over in Leicester last week and had no charts.

He phoned the office and they came out with his charts, however the guy from Vosa asked what he did on the missing days, My mechanic explained that he did not drive every day.

The inspector told him that even if he wasn’t driving he would need to fill in a Tacho Chart manually and show what other work hours he had done??
Is this true, as I have never heard of it??
:question:

Muttzknuttz:
I know with the latest law change that drivers now need to carry charts around with them for the previous 28 days worked.

The driver that delivers my trailers from there inspections is also a mechanic, he was pulled over in Leicester last week and had no charts.

He phoned the office and they came out with his charts, however the guy from Vosa asked what he did on the missing days, My mechanic explained that he did not drive every day.

The inspector told him that even if he wasn’t driving he would need to fill in a Tacho Chart manually and show what other work hours he had done??
Is this true, as I have never heard of it??
:question:

Yes it is correct, if you drive in-scope of EU regulations at any time during the week you should fill in a chart for the days that you do any other kind of work during that week.

For the non-driving days, the record may simply show the driver’s name, the date, and the start and finish of the shift.

[u]Page 27 and 37[/u] “Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs”

Muttzknuttz:

Presumably you mean you need to carry any charts used for the current day and the previous 28 calendar days :wink:

as im jumping between driving and otheir things at the moment.
i still use the wtd to keep me out the jail.
But it depends on the money :laughing:
(only joking) :laughing:
otheir work must be recoreded if you are in any way ,
going to drive a wagon .
if you are stopped at a roadcheck ,
one of the first things they do is take your N.I. number.
FOR A REASON :bulb:
the WTD is heavy duty legislation.
doesnt mean zb with POAs
but prove you didnt do anything for 50 hours you were paid for
say working in a factory (you were sleeping).
then done 2 15s on a wagon :frowning:

scania245:
as im jumping between driving and otheir things at the moment.
i still use the wtd to keep me out the jail.
But it depends on the money :laughing:
(only joking) :laughing:
otheir work must be recoreded if you are in any way ,
going to drive a wagon .
if you are stopped at a roadcheck ,
one of the first things they do is take your N.I. number.
FOR A REASON :bulb:
the WTD is heavy duty legislation.
doesnt mean zb with POAs
but prove you didnt do anything for 50 hours you were paid for
say working in a factory (you were sleeping).
then done 2 15s on a wagon :frowning:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Okay, another question,
some of my guys drive Merc sprinters or do other work , and then occasionally a 7.5tonner, on the weeks they drive the 7.5tonner they have to keep manual entry for the work that they are doing.

Would a GB domestic log book do, or do they have to fill in Tacho charts for the days that they are not driving/driving a sprinter?
:question: :bulb: :question:

Would a GB domestic log book do, or do they have to fill in Tacho charts for the days that they are not driving/driving a sprinter?

I think I remember coffeeholics answer to this - lets see - as they are under EU regs when in the 7.5 then the GB domestic log book is not allowed so a tacho chart or manual digi entry must be done as that is only what the EU will accept - DO NOT TAKE THIS ANSWER AS CORRECT until an expert confirms or corrects it

What ROG says is correct :open_mouth: :smiley: :wink:

If you drive in-scope of EU regulations any time in the week, work for days not in-scope of EU regulations should be recorded on charts or printouts, except for days when you complete legally required log sheets used for driving to domestic regulations.