Tacho Card Software

I have come across this company supplying hardware and software for tacho card downloading and archiving…

globofleet.co.uk/

I have bought and started using the basic £22.50 card control software.
I already have an Omnikey 3121 card reader which can be bought for £8 to £15 on Ebay
So for less than £40 i can now see used times, remaining times, and print, and email my activities to my employer or any other company i work for as an agency driver.
I’ve put the link on here so that anyone else thinking of doing similar can have a look.
I will try to remember to give an update on how it works out in a week or two…

I have to download mine into our companies reader every week, would having my own reader affect that? or is it just as it says a “reader” and does nothing to the data itself?

It should not do anything to the data in the card.

Dogmatix:
I have to download mine into our companies reader every week, would having my own reader affect that? or is it just as it says a “reader” and does nothing to the data itself?

Reading the card data, whether at work or on your own computer will never delete or alter the data in any way regardless of what software you use.

Would be good if I could buy it. Website will not accept anything other than a german address.

bowserman:
Would be good if I could buy it. Website will not accept anything other than a german address.

english website worked ok for me, only slow bit was30 mins waiting for serial number once i had downloaded software… the main part i wanted was just to pull the data files so i could email them… if you want to do more you will need card control software PLUS.

Yes I have seen that. Having a go on the tachomaster site with a 28 day free trial. See if its worth frightening myself!!

Dogmatix:

As Tachograph says it would not affect the data in any way but it would also not remove the need for the company to download the card download the card. It is a companies legal responsibility to download the data and not the driver’s and that is the same whether you work for one company or for many as an agency driver.

bowserman:
Yes I have seen that. Having a go on the tachomaster site with a 28 day free trial. See if its worth frightening myself!!

that’s a good one too, £1 a week is reasonable enough… i used that for a while.

Coffeeholic:

Dogmatix:

As Tachograph says it would not affect the data in any way but it would also not remove the need for the company to download the card download the card. It is a companies legal responsibility to download the data and not the driver’s and that is the same whether you work for one company or for many as an agency driver.

Oh I know that, I just like to see the information myself and its easier to track on a laptop for me than through writing everything down and doing the maths!

Dogmatix, that’s all i want it for as well, that’s why i shared the info on here for others who want to do the same, but because of its price mainly.

Trukkertone:
Dogmatix, that’s all i want it for as well, that’s why i shared the info on here for others who want to do the same, but because of its price mainly.

why pay anything to go to work when all the infio is available free from the damned tacho :bulb:

Here goes, my first post … gulp … please have mercy on my newbie soul! :blush:

bowserman:

The globofleet.co.uk website also seems to offer free demos of their software (bottom left of homepage). Does anyone know how long that’s for, or if there are some sort of volume limits on it?

They also have a deluxe version, card control plus, which has more functions like violation (infringement?) analysis. Wouldn’t that be useful too? Not sure now which to buy, and don’t want to have to come back and buy the better one later if I buy the basic one now.

Regards,
Richdad (name from an inspirational book I read)

Dogmatix:

Hi Dogmatix, from this article roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … fences.htm it sounds like drivers SHOULD download their own card data even if the company is supposed to, because sometimes they just don’t.

I wonder what happened to the drivers in that case, when their data was not saved by their company? If they also got hit £200 per failure then that globofleet.co.uk or any similar software looks cheap by comparison! :open_mouth:

Welcome to Trucknet-UK Richdad :wink:

Richdad:

Dogmatix:

Hi Dogmatix, from this article roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … fences.htm it sounds like drivers SHOULD download their own card data even if the company is supposed to, because sometimes they just don’t.

I wonder what happened to the drivers in that case, when their data was not saved by their company? If they also got hit £200 per failure then that globofleet.co.uk or any similar software looks cheap by comparison! :open_mouth:

The drivers may have been fined for tachograph infringements if they were detected in time but the drivers could not have been fined or prosecuted for not having the driver cards downloaded, that’s the sole responsibility of the transport operator.

The driver only has to make the card available for download, if the company don’t or can’t download the data from the card it’s their choice and their problem :wink:

The drivers may have been fined for tachograph infringements if they were detected in time but the drivers could not have been fined or prosecuted for not having the driver cards downloaded, that’s the sole responsibility of the transport operator:

Phew! Thanks Tachograph! But what exactly does “in time” mean here? How long would the driver need to keep the data?

tachograph:
Welcome to Trucknet-UK Richdad :wink:

Richdad:

Dogmatix:

The drivers may have been fined for tachograph infringements if they were detected in time but the drivers could not have been fined or prosecuted for not having the driver cards downloaded, that’s the sole responsibility of the transport operator.

The driver only has to make the card available for download, if the company don’t or can’t download the data from the card it’s their choice and their problem :wink:

This^

No penalties whatsoever for the driver due to non downloading of data, provided the card was made available, or loss of data. That’s all on the operator.

Richdad:

The drivers may have been fined for tachograph infringements if they were detected in time but the drivers could not have been fined or prosecuted for not having the driver cards downloaded, that’s the sole responsibility of the transport operator:

Phew! Thanks Tachograph! But what exactly does “in time” mean here? How long would the driver need to keep the data?

There is a 6 month time bar on hours offences, so offences would need to be detected within 6 months for prosecutions against the drivers to be brought.

The driver doesn’t need to keep the data for any length of time. The data could be on his digi card for many months, even up to a year or more, but there is no time specified in the regulations a driver has to keep the data for. It’s all covered by The Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) (Downloading and Retention of Data) Regulations 2008, snappy title, :wink: and retention of data is all down to the operator.

heres the update i promised …software works well… all i do is put card in reader, wait til red light stops flashing and goes green. DDD file is now on pc. i can email it to my employer or to any company i have worked for… one or two of these companies have remote depots with no downloading facilities , so this is the best and cheapest solution for me.

Coffeeholic:

Richdad:

There is a 6 month time bar on hours offences, so offences would need to be detected within 6 months for prosecutions against the drivers to be brought.

The driver doesn’t need to keep the data for any length of time. The data could be on his digi card for many months, even up to a year or more, but there is no time specified in the regulations a driver has to keep the data for. It’s all covered by The Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) (Downloading and Retention of Data) Regulations 2008, snappy title, :wink: and retention of data is all down to the operator.

I think there should be an option to delete any records off a digi card older than 28 days, I checked mine the other day and there was records going back to the middle of march 2011.