Tacho card removal

Hi All,

Was looking for some advice really… I put a new role of paper into the tacho and then ejected my card saying yes to end of 24h shift… Realising that I put the paper in the wrong way after I took the card out as there was no print on the paper of today’s activities. I then changed the paper round and put my card back in to do a printout… Is this OK to do after I already ended the shift previously? I then ejected the card

mikeycass87:
Hi All,

Was looking for some advice really… I put a new role of paper into the tacho and then ejected my card saying yes to end of 24h shift… Realising that I put the paper in the wrong way after I took the card out as there was no print on the paper of today’s activities. I then changed the paper round and put my card back in to do a printout… Is this OK to do after I already ended the shift previously? I then ejected the card

Yes as long as putting the card back in and doing the printout is within your allowed shift time.

Cheers tachograph… I can now relax lol wasn’t sure if I would get an infringement as I ended the shift and put the card back in. But yeah it was all before my shift ended Thanks!

Technically you’re not allowed to remove the driver card before the end of the working day without permission from an authorised person, the problem is that no-one knows exactly who would count as an authorised person :smiley:

You shouldn’t get an infringement for it as long as the time the card was out was accounted for by manual entry in necessary :wink:

Mike .
Why do a print out ?