Tacho card - moving house

My tacho card has got my current address on it. I know that newer cards no longer have the address on them. I will be moving house soon and I was wondering if I need to do anything about the change of address.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Think of you just send off your driving licence then the DVLA will issue other cards at same time. Might be wrong though but sure that’s what I read.

Nope
Send off driving licence no need to worry about tacho card it’s all tied into your driver licence number the same as your DCPC card

nick2008:
Nope
Send off driving licence no need to worry about tacho card it’s all tied into your driver licence number the same as your DCPC card

Cheers nick

i diddnt sent anything at all.
just went online,exchanged Adress and 5 Day later arrived new driver License but no Tacho Card as you dont get one for Address change.

Tried to change my address on tacho card a few years back dvla won’t do it have to go through vosa to change it or just wait tell it expires and dvla will send you a new one to your new address

Hi folks,
Can we just clarify what goes on when moving house please? I’ve moved house, changed the address on my driving license, I’ve since received my new license with new address and I’ve had a new CPC card, but I’ve not received a new tacho card■■? Am I not supposed to? Or do I have to notify someone else?? Thankyou

You will not receive a new digi card as they are address free.
Edit to add; just went to check mine and had that sinking feeling when it wasn’t in my wallet. Friggin thing is still in the lorry I’m sat in! :blush: :blush:

Thanks for getting back. The one I have at the moment has my old address on, so I just let this one expire do I and new one will be address free? and new one will go to my new address because they know about my new address after changing driving license address??

Oh I know about that sinking feeling when you can’t put your hands on it immediately, I’m very OCD about checking where it is when not in a tacho machine.

tramp:
Hi folks,
Can we just clarify what goes on when moving house please? I’ve moved house, changed the address on my driving license, I’ve since received my new license with new address and I’ve had a new CPC card, but I’ve not received a new tacho card■■? Am I not supposed to? Or do I have to notify someone else?? Thankyou

When you changed licence address I am guessing the place of birth changed same as mine did. Mine used to say Halifax and now says United Kingdom.

Because your DQC has that info on it a new DQC is also triggered so they match - hence you got a new DQC.

A new digital card will not be issued. Next t e you renew the card it’ll go to your licence address and gave no address on it.

shep532:

tramp:
Hi folks,

When you changed licence address I am guessing the place of birth changed same as mine did. Mine used to say Halifax and now says United Kingdom.

Because your DQC has that info on it a new DQC is also triggered so they match - hence you got a new DQC.

A new digital card will not be issued. Next t e you renew the card it’ll go to your licence address and gave no address on it.

Just checked and yes it does now say United Kingdom. Ok then thanks for putting my mind at ease regarding digitach. Cheers.