Tacho Card expires in 2 days, help please

Fallmonk:
Does anyone know If you phone the now and organise a replacement will it start from end date of old one or from date off issue ?

AFAIK you can ask for it to start from a specific date, so just tell them when your old one expires.

Fallmonk:
Does anyone know If you phone the now and organise a replacement will it start from end date of old one or from date off issue ?

If you are renewing a card about to expire then it will start from the day after the current card expires. If it is for a change of address or something it will be from original date of issue.

This topic has just reminded me mine runs out early next month, rang the number posted and I can confirm quick and easy and will arrive in post within 2 weeks. Good Times

switchlogic:
This topic has just reminded me mine runs out early next month, rang the number posted and I can confirm quick and easy and will arrive in post within 2 weeks. Good Times

They say 2 weeks but in practice it’s usually 3/4 days.

switchlogic:

Mr. L Vernon
Holly The Trundlewagon
Europe

What could possibly go wrong? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No sign of my new card yet. I’ll chase it up next week.

I got my renewal forms through about three weeks ago and filed it over Christmas. Shortly after I drenched it with coffee but didnt worry too much as I was sure it said I could renew online for £20

Roll on today…I cannot find any reference to online renewals anywhere on DVLA website!!

I accept when this thread was running a year ago that online renewals were not possible, but I am positive that my letter said it was possible.

Can anybody help or advise me if i’m going mad?!?!

truckyboy:
And on the link posted, it states NO new photo will be required !

And 1 for Coffee : i am moving soon from london to kent, so when i notify dvla about my new address, do i also have to notify them for the digi, dcpc, etc etc, or does it all happen under 1 roof.

it will update your driver record so it updates everythibg i know this cause mine updated everything when changed licence

coreysboys:
I got my renewal forms through about three weeks ago and filed it over Christmas. Shortly after I drenched it with coffee but didnt worry too much as I was sure it said I could renew online for £20

Roll on today…I cannot find any reference to online renewals anywhere on DVLA website!!

I accept when this thread was running a year ago that online renewals were not possible, but I am positive that my letter said it was possible.

Not available online so far as I can see. Even if it was, would you expect your request to be processed and to receive the card within 2 days when they are dealing with the post holiday back log?

Useful information here:

nidirect.gov.uk/digital-tach … iver-cards

You’ve sat on the form for 3 whole weeks & done nowt about it.
Suggest you phone the no. given in the above link 1st thing Monday, then enjoy your time sitting at home awaiting the arrival of your new card.

Driveroneuk:

coreysboys:

Not available online so far as I can see. Even if it was, would you expect your request to be processed and to receive the card within 2 days when they are dealing with the post holiday back log?

Useful information here:

nidirect.gov.uk/digital-tach … iver-cards

You’ve sat on the form for 3 whole weeks & done nowt about it.
Suggest you phone the no. given in the above link 1st thing Monday, then enjoy your time sitting at home awaiting the arrival of your new card.

The 2 day bit aint nothing to do with me. This is a ressurected thread. Mine expires in March.

Apologies CB. I saw it was a resurrected thread. Somehow I got the original title & your post intertwined. Sorry for the confusion. :blush: :blush:

No worries. I thought my issue might get confused so I started its own thread :slight_smile:

merc0447:
0300 123 1341 this is the dvla driver card number

All you need to give is name, address, long number on the front of your credit card and expiry date takes literally less than 2 minutes. Very impressive service :smiley:

They dont accept bloody VISA Electron cards over the phone. Bugger!!!