Tacho card expired

Put my card in today, got a message “card expired 21/12”. It does indeed expire on the 21st December, but it isn’t December yet. Tried the new card, which I already have, that throws up a message “card not valid”. Anyone else had this?

That is normal. Whoever programmed the tacho couldn’t spell ‘expires’!

21st is more than 15days away aswell or you could have done manuals. You’re pretty much ■■■■■■ Harry :laughing:

Harry Monk:
Put my card in today, got a message “card expired 21/12”. It does indeed expire on the 21st December, but it isn’t December yet. Tried the new card, which I already have, that throws up a message “card not valid”. Anyone else had this?

Better get on the phone Harry to the dvla, best of luck with that one !!

Head down to the travel agents, book a last minute break for a month+, then when you come back everything will be sorted :wink:

I seem to remember mine started to warn me of the expiry date about a month beforehand, but continued to work right up to the expiry date.

Ken

trucken:
I seem to remember mine started to warn me of the expiry date about a month beforehand, but continued to work right up to the expiry date.

Ken

Mine was the same. No issue in the end but it’s not very clear is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin0410:
That is normal. Whoever programmed the tacho couldn’t spell ‘expires’!

That sounds logical, thanks.

I know that when my card was about a month from expired, the tacho read the warning card expiry,& about a fortnight left it gave a day to day countdown until the last day. That was in a daft
( Siemens tacho), is yours a stoneridge tacho by any chance?.

The correct procedure in this case Harry is to place both cards back into your wallet, about face and go mooch about on the water until sometime in the New Year. Problem sorted.

bonnie lass:
I know that when my card was about a month from expired, the tacho read the warning card expiry,& about a fortnight left it gave a day to day countdown until the last day. That was in a daft

Yes, it is a Stoneridge. Last time my card needed renewing I was mostly not working for most up the run-up period (I was doing my operator’s CPC this time 5 years ago) and when I was I was driving a truck with an analogue tacho so I haven’t come across this situation before. It definitely says “expired 21/12” rather than “expires 21/12” on the display though.

the maoster:
The correct procedure in this case Harry is to place both cards back into your wallet, about face and go mooch about on the water until sometime in the New Year. Problem sorted.

That is a nice idea but unfortunately a lot of the canal network is closed over the Winter for maintenance, besides which my bank account needs urgent resuscitation so I have no choice but to do a couple of months’ limping… hoping to head off to Skipton in early March.

I had the same message on mine, but kept working fine up until expiry. I was actually driving over midnight on the day it expired, the first time I stopped after this it spat the old card out, I put the new card in and off I went!

Dvla says its okay to use the old log book harry…no worries i`m sure you have one somewhere. :smiley:

Harry Monk:

bonnie lass:

Yes, it is a Stoneridge. Last time my card needed renewing I was mostly not working for most up the run-up period (I was doing my operator’s CPC this time 5 years ago) and when I was I was driving a truck with an analogue tacho so I haven’t come across this situation before. It definitely says “expired 21/12” rather than “expires 21/12” on

I have heard of someone else having the same problem with their stoneridge, unfortunately I don’t have the answer for you. The only thing I can suggest is to contact stoneridge website corporate@stoneridge.com
They should be able to give you the answer. I found Siemens very helpful and few years ago.

Maybe there is someone on TKNT who uses a stoneridge regularly that can give you the correct answer .
Sorry I can’t think what else you can do. I have only used stoneridge on the odd occasion a few years ago.

bonnie lass:

Harry Monk:

bonnie lass:

Yes, it is a Stoneridge. Last time my card needed renewing I was mostly not working for most up the run-up period (I was doing my operator’s CPC this time 5 years ago) and when I was I was driving a truck with an analogue tacho so I haven’t come across this situation before. It definitely says “expired 21/12” rather than “expires 21/12” on

I have heard of someone else having the same problem with their stoneridge, unfortunately I don’t have the answer for you. The only thing I can suggest is to contact stoneridge website corporate@stoneridge.com
They should be able to give you the answer. I found Siemens very helpful and few years ago.

Maybe there is someone on TKNT who uses a stoneridge regularly that can give you the correct answer .
Sorry I can’t think what else you can do. I have only used stoneridge on the odd occasion a few years ago.

The answer was given some posts earlier. Simply a spelling mistake.