Tacho calibration time

Hi all another possibly silly question and maybe nothing to do with me. I noticed last week that there is a sticker on the drivers side b post of the cab that has the tacho info. it says on there date of calibration 13/06/2018. I did mention it to people in the office last week and they said they would let the workshop know. The same sticker with the same info is sill there. I mentioned it again yesterday and was told the workshop will let the office know when something needs doing.

Trouble is the workshop cant be trusted to replace all the nuts and bolts they have removed or do up the ones they do bother to replace. I just concerned as I assume as the driver if I got stopped and found using an “uncalibrated” tacho I assume I would be for the high jump.
coop

As far as I know there’s a 3 month grace period on at the moment, similar to the MOT tests

pursy:
As far as I know there’s a 3 month grace period on at the moment, similar to the MOT tests

Are you sure? Not saying that you are wrong btw but mine went in on Monday for recalibration and knowing our lot if it was possible to put it off they’d certainly put it off.

i had same situation last year.
kept getting a message saying tacho calibration.
kept telling office.
wasn’t done soon . so as date passed I just kept writing on defect book tach needs calibrating.
was done about a week later.

as for legal requirements cant tell you

3 months extension from date of expiry at the minute, plenty of places open to get it done though, just did mine last week, didnt see the point of using the grace period if my local tacho place was open

edd1974:
kept telling office.
wasn’t done soon . so as date passed I just kept writing on defect book tach needs calibrating.

No valid calibration certificate, park wagon up and VOR it. Company has 7 days from the detection of the fault to get it fixed. If it happens when a tramper is out during the week and the driver doesn’t think they’ll get back in the 7 days, such as say someone on continental spending the weekend away from base, then they have to get it sorted whilst they’re out on the road.

Conor:

edd1974:
kept telling office.

No valid calibration certificate, park wagon up and VOR it. Company has 7 days from the detection of the fault to get it fixed. If it happens when a tramper is out during the week and the driver doesn’t think they’ll get back in the 7 days, such as say someone on continental spending the weekend away from base, then they have to get it sorted whilst they’re out on the road.

That’s faults - calibration is not fault rectification most likely verbal or ORN within 21 days. As others have said an extension is in force currently in any case.

chaversdad:
3 months extension from date of expiry at the minute, plenty of places open to get it done though, just did mine last week, didnt see the point of using the grace period if my local tacho place was open

+1, local dealer did it whilst my driver waited, why wait until the end of the 3 months grace and find out there is a waiting list cos everbody in the same boat?

The moment you put a defect note in it needs attention no matter what, until its been looked at the vehicle stays parked up where it is.
Once its been looked at and been attended to and cleared by a workshop dept safe to drive,your in the clear.Make a note of the date and times you reported the defect.

lolipop:
The moment you put a defect note in it needs attention no matter what, until its been looked at the vehicle stays parked up where it is.
Once its been looked at and been attended to and cleared by a workshop dept safe to drive,your in the clear.Make a note of the date and times you reported the defect.

Not really helpful in the context of this as there is an official extension on tacho calibrations in place.

Personally I would still note the defect if tacho calibration is on your daily check sheet but it is absolutely fine to drive.