Tacho Break

Hi, Can anyone confirm that this example is legal:- 2 hours driving, 15 minute break,2 hours driving, 30 minute break, 4.5 hours driving, end of duty…

dave docwra:
Hi, Can anyone confirm that this example is legal:- 2 hours driving, 15 minute break,2 hours driving, 30 minute break, 4.5 hours driving, end of duty…

Yes that’s legal.

I assume this question is just about what driving breaks are legal.

Fine and Dandy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies, I was looking at the 6.5 hours driving with only a thirty minute break.

It’s legal. Back in the day when it was a rolling four and a half it wouldn’t have been - but now it is :slight_smile:

The Sarge:
It’s legal. Back in the day when it was a rolling four and a half it wouldn’t have been - but now it is :slight_smile:

Thanks Sarge, I missed that rule change completely, suppose I should pay more attention…

Nah, don’t pay more attention - just ask on here so that someone can mock you :wink:

dave docwra:
Thanks for the replies, I was looking at the 6.5 hours driving with only a thirty minute break.

Before the rules were changed you could drive for nearly 9 hours with just a 15 minute break, that’s why the rules change so that the second part of a split driving break must be at-least 30 minutes.

Curious to know when the rules changed and how they have evolved over the years…

MickyB666:
Curious to know when the rules changed and how they have evolved over the years…

If I remember right - lets see …
4 x 1 hours + 8 hours = regular daily rest
3 x 15 mins for every 4.5 driving time
4.5 driving was a rolling one so any period of 4.5 driving in a shift must have 45 off

CAVEAT = these were the OLD RULES - just in case someone though otherwise !

If I remember rightly you could do 3 X 20 min across the day ( not having to worry about the 4.5 rule . Wasn’t that when we were on log books

So RDR used to be 12 hours.

I wonder what the next change will be, hopefully something that simplifies things a little.

MickyB666:

So RDR used to be 12 hours.

I wonder what the next change will be, hopefully something that simplifies things a little.

No what Rog is saying is if you split your rest it was 1 x4 hrs in the shift with a 8 HR break