Tacho break law

I really need to type quicker and more concisely. I could have just typed “what Tachograph said” :unamused:

as you can tell i clearly cant do my sums properly so if i take a reduced rest period of 9 hours 3 times when does tht have to be repaid? is it on the 3rd week ? if so on the 3rd week i have to have atleast 6 hours extra rest?

thank you for your replies

jimmypk:
as you can tell i clearly cant do my sums properly so if i take a reduced rest period of 9 hours 3 times when does tht have to be repaid? is it on the 3rd week ? if so on the 3rd week i have to have atleast 6 hours extra rest?

Reduced DAILY rests do not need compensating

Only reduced WEEKLY rests require compensation

jimmypk:
if i take a reduced rest period of 9 hours 3 times when does tht have to be repaid? is it on the 3rd week ? if so on the 3rd week i have to have atleast 6 hours extra rest?

Reduced daily rest periods do not have to be compensated for :wink:

Reduced weekly rest periods should be compensated for by adding the amount of reduction en-block onto any rest period of at least 9 hours by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

tachograph:

jimmypk:
if i take a reduced rest period of 9 hours 3 times when does tht have to be repaid? is it on the 3rd week ? if so on the 3rd week i have to have atleast 6 hours extra rest?

following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

im not too sure i understand the last part sorry tacho for my ignorance

jimmypk:

tachograph:

jimmypk:

following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

im not too sure i understand the last part sorry tacho for my ignorance

The compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back en-block by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

Lets say you had a reduced weekly rest period this week, Saturday (yesterday) for instance.
The compensation should be paid back by the end of the third week following this week (the week in which the reduced weekly rest was taken).
The reduced weekly rest was taken this week so next week (beginning Monday) is the one following the week in which the reduced rest was taken.
The compensation should be paid back by the end of the third week starting Monday.

If you had a reduced weekly rest period yesterday (Saturday), Monday 15th August will be the start of the following week, so the compensation should be paid back by Sunday 4th September.

so lamens terms the counting of weeks does not included the week ur on so three weeks from the next following week? example: week 1 reduced weekly rest
week 2 following week
week 3
week 4 reduced weekly rest compensated for?
tried reading other threads but just get confused is my understanding correct and a weekly rest is 45 hrs? and can b reduced to 24?

jimmypk:
so lamens terms the counting of weeks does not included the week ur on so three weeks from the next following week? example: week 1 reduced weekly rest
week 2 following week
week 3
week 4 reduced weekly rest compensated for?

Yes, you got it. Must be paid back before midnight Sunday week 4 though as it says before the end of the third week following.

jimmypk:
tried reading other threads but just get confused is my understanding correct and a weekly rest is 45 hrs? and can b reduced to 24?

Yep.

great thanks for all your help!

what is the maxium hours driving in a 2 week period?

jimmypk:

And remember it is a rolling two weeks so:

Week 1 & 2 maximum 90

Week 2 & 3 maximum 90

Week 3 & 4 maximum 90

and so on.

Coffeeholic:

jimmypk:

Week 1 & 2 maximum 90

Week 2 & 3 maximum 90

Week 3 & 4 maximum 90

and so on.

ok so a driver cant exceed 45 per week?

jimmypk:

Coffeeholic:

jimmypk:

Week 1 & 2 maximum 90

Week 2 & 3 maximum 90

Week 3 & 4 maximum 90

and so on.

ok so a driver cant exceed 45 per week?

No. Maximum in one week is 56 but maximum over 2 weeks is 90. If you do the maximum 56 in week 1 you can only do 34 in week 2. If you do 47 in Week 1 you have 43 left for week 2 and so on.

You can legally do 56 hours driving in a single week as long as it doesn’t take you over the 90 hour two week limit.

tachograph:
You can legally do 56 hours driving in a single week as long as it doesn’t take you over the 90 hour two week limit.

So if, say, you want to do 56hrs next week, you must be sure you haven’t exceeded 34hrs this week■■?

Nez

Nezza:

tachograph:

So if, say, you want to do 56hrs next week, you must be sure you haven’t exceeded 34hrs this week■■?

Nez

Yes, and you have to be sure you have an easy week the one after otherwise you could be parked up by half way into your 4th day perhaps

Nezza:

tachograph:

Nez

Yes

Whatever driving you have done in a week subtract that from 90 and that gives you how much driving you can do the next week.

ok so if i did 56 hours in week 1 i can only do 34 in week 2 but because its rollingover 2 weeks on week 3 i can do 56 again?

thanks

jimmypk:
ok so if i did 56 hours in week 1 i can only do 34 in week 2 but because its rollingover 2 weeks on week 3 i can do 56 again?

Correct.

stupid question again! but say if i only drove 24 hours in total up to my weekly rest and i took a reduced weekly rest does that need compensating for seeing as i havent filled my “quota” of allowed hours? or regardless of what hours i have dione it still needs compensating on the following third week?