Tacho and WTD, again, Sorry

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
I think it was geebee45 who said that VOSA only check the tacho regs at roadsides checks.

And he said that with good reason and it doesn’t just apply to VOSA.

Further proof, as if there was any doubt, that you never actually read the regulations and just try to wing it by what other people post on here. :unamused: :unamused:

What the [ZB] is the problem with passing on some useful info :question:

I can see the the point if the info is incorrect :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
Is there a VOSA equivalent in Europe? Oh yes, and they make VOSA look like The Samaritans :stuck_out_tongue:

Germany; have B.A.G these are normally former SS, Gestapo and Stasi officers who were considered too violent for that job. :open_mouth:

Belgium use former concentration camp guards and are known as Politie or Rijkswacht. Beware of big fines, and they can make laws up as they see fit :open_mouth:

France; attack you on two fronts, like the god cop bad routine, in France they travel in threes and just when you think you are winning the bad cop over, number three pops up and your troubles begin from that point. apart from that in France, the Douane, (Customs) have exactly the same powers as the traffic police. The CRS are very good shots as these are military police and the ones you should lick their boots if they stop you. :open_mouth:

Italy; It will just cost you lots of money, whatever you do, they build ferraris, maseratis, De Tomaso Panteras and love speed, they just hate foreigners doing any. :laughing:

Spain; avoid the Basque region altogether, print off a map of the various regions of Spain as you will need to book off on your Tacho in the right area, or guess what, it will cost you money. Like the Belgians, they also make up their own laws to pay for their dinners :open_mouth:

Back in '91 I was serving in the RAF at Laarbruch, I’d just bought a 1.8SRi Vauxhall Cavalier, very fast. 125 mph easy :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I was driving to the Ferry at Ostend (I think) to go to Waddington via, funnily enough, Felixstowe. Anyway, doing 125 most of the way from Germany and this Black BMW with Belgium plates overtakes me, I look over and see 2 guys put on their Police hats and tell me to pull over. Oooops, crap myself, being the first time in Europe driving I wondered wtf was going on. They said I was going over the speed limit and there was a 500 Franc fine. No way I said there’s no speed limit, thinking the autobahns in Holland and Belgium had no speed limit like Germany. Either pay or we will impound your car and you have to bid for it at auction the mean looking ■■■■ said.
I explained I only had some Pounds, DMs and Gilders, they took it all, about £200 in total. ■■■■■■

tachograph:

dinosteveus1:
I’m starting on Monday with VdB over at Erp, Netherlands. In at the deep end so to speak. First ever driving job and in Europe. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll be making a Diary :smiley:

Well done mate hope you enjoy the job :smiley:

Thanks. :smiley: Been a long time coming and what a great start to trucking, :stuck_out_tongue: well chuffed. :smiley: :smiley:

dinosteveus1:

tachograph:

dinosteveus1:
I’m starting on Monday with VdB over at Erp, Netherlands. In at the deep end so to speak. First ever driving job and in Europe. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll be making a Diary :smiley:

Well done mate hope you enjoy the job :smiley:

Thanks. :smiley: Been a long time coming and what a great start to trucking, :stuck_out_tongue: well chuffed. :smiley: :smiley:

I bet you are :wink:

Here’s a link to the VOSA guide to the “Drivers Hours and Tachograph Regulations”, may make for some interesting reading for you :wink:

tachograph:
Here’s a link to the VOSA guide to the “Drivers Hours and Tachograph Regulations”, may make for some interesting reading for you :wink:

WOW, 57 pages. Thanks :wink:

dinosteveus1:

tachograph:

You will need pages 9 to 20 for the EU regulations so that’s only 11 pages :smiley:

tachograph:

dinosteveus1:

tachograph:

You will need pages 9 to 20 for the EU regulations so that’s only 11 pages :smiley:

Now you tell me :unamused: I’m in the middle of Duplex printing it all.

dinosteveus1:
Back in '91 I was serving in the RAF at Laarbruch, I’d just bought a 1.8SRi Vauxhall Cavalier, very fast. 125 mph easy :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I was driving to the Ferry at Ostend (I think) to go to Waddington via, funnily enough, Felixstowe. Anyway, doing 125 most of the way from Germany and this Black BMW with Belgium plates overtakes me, I look over and see 2 guys put on their Police hats and tell me to pull over. Oooops, crap myself, being the first time in Europe driving I wondered wtf was going on. They said I was going over the speed limit and there was a 500 Franc fine. No way I said there’s no speed limit, thinking the autobahns in Holland and Belgium had no speed limit like Germany. Either pay or we will impound your car and you have to bid for it at auction the mean looking [zb] said.
I explained I only had some Pounds, DMs and Gilders, they took it all, about £200 in total. [zb].

Should have got hold of some Francs. 500 BFR was less than a tenner! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
I think it was geebee45 who said that VOSA only check the tacho regs at roadsides checks.

Further proof, as if there was any doubt, that you never actually read the regulations and just try to wing it by what other people post on here. :unamused: :unamused:

Because if you had in fact read the regulations, as you claim you have, you wouldn’t need to be thinking and guessing about what other people have said, you would know it says as much in the regs. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:
Should have got hold of some Francs. 500 BFR was less than a tenner! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure how much it was, only that I didn’t have any Belgium money on me and these two pigs wanted my money or my car.
There was 1.99DM to the £ back then and we got one for one in Holland if we paid in DMarks. I can’t remember if they were armed, I know the German Police were, we used to chat with them for ages on Guard Duty outside the Camp. :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Because if you had in fact read the regulations, as you claim you have, you wouldn’t need to be thinking and guessing about what other people have said, you would know it says as much in the regs. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Don’t be a Bully Neil. :imp:

dinosteveus1:

Coffeeholic:

Not sure how much it was, only that I didn’t have any Belgium money on me and these two pigs wanted my money or my car.
There was 1.99DM to the £ back then and we got one for one in Holland if we paid in DMarks. I can’t remember if they were armed, I know the German Police were, we used to chat with them for ages on Guard Duty outside the Camp. :slight_smile:

Belgian police are armed and the Belgian franc was between 50 and 60 to the pound back then.

dinosteveus1:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Don’t be a Bully Neil. :imp:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

The nicey, nicey approach has been tried many times with this trumpet, by me and others, over the things he does and the crap he comes out with. Guess what it doesn’t work and as he routinely ignores peoples feelings and requests then it is time to adopt his attitude, for the gloves to come off and no more nicey, nicey approach. :imp: :smiling_imp:

Same question put a little differently to make it SIMPLE :wink:
What is wrong with passing on correct info to others :question:

GIVE IT A ■■■■■ REST. I ASKED FOR HELP, WHAT I DIDN’T ASK FOR WAS THIS ■■■■■■ GROW UP.

dinosteveus1:
GIVE IT A ■■■■■ REST. I ASKED FOR HELP, WHAT I DIDN’T ASK FOR WAS THIS ■■■■■■ GROW UP.

Sorry DAD :wink: :blush:

ROG:

dinosteveus1:

Sorry DAD :wink: :blush:

I’m not your Dad :unamused:
Apology accepted IF it was meant.

I have a lot of respect for you Rog and Neil, but this is out of order. You have both helped hundreds of TNUK Members, don’t ruin all that good work by airing your squabble in public, please.

And i’ve a lot of respect for you wanting to know the rules.Check the forum ones too…Mike-C

dinosteveus1:

tachograph:

dinosteveus1:

tachograph:

Now you tell me :unamused: I’m in the middle of Duplex printing it all.

Looking on the bright side mate you’ve now got a guide to the EU regulations, the UK Domestic regulations and the AETR regulations, and to some extent on what to do if you work to more than one set of regulations :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

tachograph:
Looking on the bright side mate you’ve now got a guide to the EU regulations, the UK Domestic regulations and the AETR regulations, and to some extent on what to do if you work to more than one set of regulations :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I might need to change my ID to tachograph2 :smiley: No chance :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Would you like this as well - RT(WTD)R guide :question:

PS - DAD had a wink emoticon after it - not serious